Does anyone have a Treo 90 PDA from handspring?

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a HP Jornada 548 and I like it. But it's a bit too big and heavy to use as EDC. I was looking at the Treo 90's, small, lightweight, and it has a keyboard.

While I'm on the subject any opinions on other DA's?

Saaby

Flashaholic
I (might) get a Jornada from school. I really like the Sony Clie's if you're into Palm OS and I really like the iPaqs for Pocket PC.

To be fair--I've never used a Clie' outside the store, but last year I used iPaqs with a Stoaway keyboard and wireless LAN in school and although I hated Pocket PC OS at first, the more I used it the more it grew on me.

Sony's latest models (Read: Expensive) have a built in keyboard and you can even get one with a built in camera. $500 w/o camera and $600 with.

TigerDirect has the older model Compaq iPaq on for $350. They also have a Clie' on for about $150 but I'd advise against that model--it had a bad screen.

tree! I just realized your pic is a link
grin.gif

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
The link is my web site.

Anyhoo... The two things I like about the Treo 90 are size/weight, and the built in keyboard. With my Jornada the on screen keyboard is the method I use most for input. Sony's unit with the built in keyboard is still pretty big and heavy for pocket carry. I like the iPaqs, particularly their latest model with a 400mhz processor!! But it's the same size as my Jornada, which weighs my pocket down. When I try to belt carry it at work (where I use it the most), with my cell phone, multitool, E2, and clip for gloves, it's just too big. I tried all that at once and can't sit down without taking something off. I can't seem to get used to wearing those fanny pack things so that's not an option for me.

Plus Comp USA has the Treo 90 on sale if you buy online for $269.