Youtube video of James Williams (Surefire Executive Course)

Dustin Liu

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2_1Ox6zhXU

James Williams, Lead Instructor, Self-Defense
James is a former U.S. Army officer with over 45 years of experience in numerous martial arts disciplines. He is an expert in both ancient and modern martial arts and has developed The System of Strategy, a unique approach to unarmed combatives based on the ancient samurai system of close quarters combat. Internationally recognized for his knowledge and expertise, James has delivered training to military special operations units, government agencies, and law enforcement organizations, both foreign and domestic. James teaches combatives, self-defense, low-light tactics, and firearms for the SureFire Institute.

Last edited:

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
you know your a true flashoholic when you cant even here os see what hes talking about cuz your trying to figure out wich surefires are in the display case in the back

straightblast

Newly Enlightened
What was his little pocket light, an E2? At night it appeared he used a blue light??

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't buy this. Sure, if you are a martial arts expert and you have a tightly rolled magazine in your hand and you know what's coming and the bad guys don't fight back, it all looks good. But in real life with real people, this stuff is almost worthless. I received hand-to-hand combat training in basic when I joined the Army. It was worthless, too. In almost every situation where the bad guy is going to attack someone, the victim is almost always smaller, weaker and in a vulnerable position. Bad guys don't pick on people their own size in a fair fight.

straightblast

Newly Enlightened
Josey said:
I don't buy this. Sure, if you are a martial arts expert and you have a tightly rolled magazine in your hand and you know what's coming and the bad guys don't fight back, it all looks good. But in real life with real people, this stuff is almost worthless. I received hand-to-hand combat training in basic when I joined the Army. It was worthless, too. In almost every situation where the bad guy is going to attack someone, the victim is almost always smaller, weaker and in a vulnerable position. Bad guys don't pick on people their own size in a fair fight.

I agree with you, although the vid is interesting and, I have no doubt the guy in it is an accomplished martial artist. A rolled up magazine is better than nothing in a knife fight, I guess, but having trained a good bit with knives---seriously, they flat scare hell out of me.

A streetfight against a determined thug is a roller coaster ride through hell, at best. In one, I would much prefer a 4D Maglite or something similar, to a bright pocket-light.

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
I was going to ask the same question about saving videos from YouTube. There are a ton of videos that I would love to archive, but not sure how to...

Any ideas?

Flavio

mudhole

Newly Enlightened
I've been attacked once buy a few guys and had a surefire on me and can say I was very happy it was their.When I think back on it having a mag could've gone terribly wrong.I was startled first of all,so I was very fumbly and unorganized,so whipping out a mag would've like drawing a 3 foot sword while doing jumping jacks,the attackers would probably notice me going for it and try to stop me,then beat me with the thing.I had a L5 in a V70 and everything happened as it should.The three of them ran away holding their faces,cursing,and tripping over everything in their paths.