Anybody Know A Metal Stamping Service?

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to get a few sentences stamped onto metal sheets. Anybody know someone who does this sort of thing?

lukus

Enlightened
It might be easier/cheaper to have someone laser engrave what you need. A lot of sign shops now have the laser engravers, as will trophy shops. Just an idea.

lukus

Enlightened
The laser engraving can be either like an etching that can be scuffed and hard to read after its aged or engraved deeper into the metal more like a stamping. Has to do with the length of time, number of passes, and the power of the laser.

You can make it easier to read by wiping a paint into the engraving and cleaning off the surface. The paint will stay in the engraving. Paint will standout well and last for years. Sharpie pens will work too, but the ink will fade out after a year or two.

I've done this on a few things and it looks and works great. I also have a friend that owns a sign shop, so getting it done is cheap (free:grin2: ).

Set up for the laser is basically typing what you want engraved on a computer and putting the piece in the box. Much faster than set up for stamping, so it should be cheaper.

Last edited: