Votes: 22 16.7%
  • SilverFox

Votes: 15 11.4%

• Total voters

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you 2006. It was a great year!

The year when
... Moore's Law applied to LED with the introduction of Cree XR-E.
... common Maglite (USL, Torch, Mag623) can start campfire.
... HID (Barn Burner) lightup the entire farm not just the road.
... handheld lazer poping balloons became a commonplace.

We were all here on CPF to experience some part of it. What also make this place (CPF) such a great forum is the support the member provide for each other beyond just the mear technical information.

With that said!, We the CPF community would like to to thank the following members for contributing so much to the community. I'm sure we have missed many members who have in one way or another change the way we live/work/play. It is my sincere hope that YOU will continue to contribute to make this community a great place for the years to come.

AW
chevrofreak
cmacclel
ernsanada
fivemega
greenLED
JonSidneyB
js
ksbman
McGizmo
milkyspit
modamag
Ms_ SS
mtbkndad
Paul In Maryland
quickbeam
Sigman
SilverFox
size15
tacticalsupply
The_LED_Museum
Topper

*listed in alphabetical order

From the list of honorable member, several of the member went WAY above and beyond the call of duty in providing us a more pleasant CPF experience.

chevrofreak - for his endless reviews and comparison of light performance.
greenLED - well for just being greenLED, the knowledgeable punk is too honest and helpful.
JonSidneyB - his work with protected RCR123 and the history of the product and service that he provided.
Newbie - the mad scientist that constant seek "the truth" and shared his insightful observation.
quickbeam - aka flashlightreviews.com, provided one of the most if not the most comprehensive flashlight review site.
SilverFox - when it comes to battery and charger testing SilverFox is the one that we have all trusted.

* listed in aphabetical order

Please cast your vote of support for "CPF Member of The Year".
Deadline 12/16/2006.

Last edited:

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
If this is allowed I would like to say that I feel 4Sevens be in the mix as well as MillerMods ....both have done much for us all this year and showed us what good dealers should be like as well as excellent modders.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Fivemega would have to be one of the most active producers of lights that excite me. I just have to exersice restraint or I would buy one of everything he makes.
Norm

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
This has not been done for several years maybe it should have included the works of previous years for others as well. What it states as the reason I am on this list for was from previous years.

If I am on this list there are others far more deserving than me who should have been listed before me. I do even stand in the shadows of these people and I have become cynical that perception has become more important that truth at least in my mind.

I feel I have to mention the people that I think truely is the finest that CPF has to offer.

McGizmo and Wayne

When you look around at most of the items you see today on this forum you see these two people. They did the pioneering work and did so many things right that they made this place what it is today. The contributions they have made to this forum was not just creativity and breaking new ground but also being most generous to this fourm. Without these two people we would have to step back a couple of years from where we are today in terms of products. Yes this includes what you see from many manufacturers. These two did much of the work and others get the cheers.

Then there is PK, he is one of us and many have met him and got to know him personally. PK has helped this fourm far more than most of its memebers will ever know. Unfortunately we don't get to see his posts anymore.

There is another person that should be on this list but if I mention his name he will send me a message telling me to stop that so there is an unnamed person that has helped shape this place and moved us foward.

These people are often copied but seldom equaled.

Last edited:

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me it was very hard to choose as we have so many members which are a real asset to CPF. Cheers to all you guys and girls which make this place so great.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the list should be a bit bigger.. It is an excellent start but I also think David, 4Sevens should be included in the mix for his dedication to us. Also John, lighthound for the same reason.

I think all of you are great, I love the diversity of the membership. My life has been enriched by reading all of the different views people share, in this instance the flashlights are a small part of that.

Last edited:

*Retired*
There are quite a number of members who have contributed a lot to CPF over the years.

Some have went on to found their own businesses and CPF is a source of revenue for them, others have left their normal jobs and even make a living off of sales primarily from CPF members.

It is rare to see someone who both brings in the dough, and also contributes to cpf. Sometimes this goes right against the grain, bringing new information to competitors who also design, and this is a noble effort.

Honorable members such as these, would be folks like McGizmo and Dat2zip, and I feel their nobility should be held in very high regard (forgive me if I forget to mention someone, but these two fellas stood out in my own mind).

Then there are others who contribute, but mainly the posts are focused around current items they sell, or items in the near future that they plan on selling. IMHO, not so noble, and often one only has to simply follow the money.

Then there are others, like SilverFox/Chevrofreak, who bring in no CPF based revenue, but continue to contribute greatly to the forums. The knowledge, information, guidance, is invaluable to everyone, yet they get no income from their efforts. Once in a while they actually get to keep an occassional item they tested. IMHO, this is beyond noble- and if the folks that sent them the item can part with it, it is a nice reward- so think about it.

There are a great many folks who have, in the past, spent large sums of money, often their very own money, developing flashlights that never made it out of the chutes to the shelves for sale, so their businesses never had a chance to get off the ground. Then there are others that for no apparent reason, did pretty much the same thing, but were quite successful in their endeavors. Unfortunately, Nature is cruel, and sometimes she doesn't make any sense- but this assumes that she is actually intelligent and warm, not cold and nonselective about who goes thru trials and tribulations. For all those who didn't quite make it with their products, thank you for the efforts! Remember though, successful businesses often don't just make it with the first product they develop. In many cases, a successful business is the result of 9 previous efforts, but we don't see that.

Anyhow, if anyone was missed, please don't feel bad, in such a large forum with so many members it is quite easy to over look the obvious.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I'd pretty much have to go with 4sevens. He provided my P1 that I like IMMENSELY. And just when you think it's safe, a multi level P1 appears!

Inciedently, I told a guy about fenixstore and about flashlightreviews and he just MIGHT order a P1 like mine...

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
This is a really hard choice for me so I'm not telling who I voted for.
Everyone on the list deserves it.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I actually don't know what to say, but will try...

I'm surprised, honored, & humbled to find myself on this list. I've been out of work for 21 months due to an injury. Too much time on one's hands can be a bad thing at times, but I've been blessed with the extra time to spend here - "trying to help out, where I can, in the ways that I can". Mostly I just interact while trying to keep the CPF "hallways" cleaned up & organized. I have to wonder what's so special about that? I'll admit I don't contribute much (if any) technical expertise, but I do like people - and this is a special group of positive folks to be associated with!

You are all "family" to me and I sincerely thank Sasha, staff, & the CPF members for "taking me in" as a friend & member of the CPF family.

From my heart, I want you to know this really is an appreciated pat on the back!! Respect & friendship back to you all!

Last edited: