I need an LED light as close to SF G2 as possible

straightblast

Newly Enlightened
I love the G2, but, I need a couple of lights to give as gifts that do not have the incan-bulb life problem. These are going to be hard-use lights.

Anything similar to G2 for say, within double its cost---but running a very white LED?

Thanks guys

I edited this from G2Z to G2...I was thinking one light, typing the other.

Last edited:

Bill97z

Newly Enlightened
What about a pelican PM6 LED? Pretty nice prices and nice light.

arty

Enlightened
G&P makes a light that is like the 6P but uses their 3W LED module. I haven't seen one in person - but it is not much more than the cost of a G2.
The 3W module is great.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Everyone has probably already heard my story, but...

Out in QUALITY DARK woods I had a Surefire P60 with two fresh 123, and a Streamlight Pro Poly 4AA LUX. In a test with a buddy observing, we could see everything with the PP 4AA LUX that the SF P60 showed us. In all actuality, the 4AA had a wee bit more reach while the P60 had a more Wall of light beam.

Also the PP 4AA is a bit blueish tinted compared to the yellowish white P60.

Now consider that the two 123 driving the P60 will be dead and gone in about an hour. The 4AA in the Streamlight will give 4 hours or more, and it thrives on NimH rechargeable batteries!

That said, a buddy has a PM6 LED as a weapon light on his AR and it makes a pretty nice pretty bright beam.

But don't sell the Streamlight PP short on brightness and usefullness!!!!

thunderlight

Enlightened
Might consider an Inova 2C Radiant or the Victorinox 2C metal "equivalent". The advantage is that these use Alkaline batteries or, for that matter, a 3AA Magled.

z96Cobra

Enlightened
The Brinkmann 3W ($30 @ Target) is really close in size to the G2. Its also about the same price (actually a little cheaper). It runs on 3xAAA and is a plastic body light as well. Bass Pro recently had this same light, except it had the Bass Pro name on it, for $19.99. I've got 2 G2's and 2 Brinkmann 3W's and I actually like the Brinkmann 3W's a little more. The 3W is about 1/4 inch longer and 1/4 bigger in diameter though. The 3W also has a real "clicky" tail switch, compared to the G2's twistie. The G2 (stock bulb) is a little brighter, but the 3W is cheaper to feed and no worries about bulb life.

Just my $.02,

Roger

oregonshooter

Enlightened
The G&P 3W drop in will give you a lot more light than a standard P60. Mine is just as effective as my A2 beam with the exception of throw (LED's fault) it will do the job as well 90% of the time.

Testing around town in the dark and when raining is the only limitation I have found on it, and I'm an "INCAN man." :)

If you have a G2 and burna bulb then this is a great replacement for an LED light, but not sure I would bother doing this from scratch.

A great gift would be the HUNLINGHT with the option for 2xAA or 1x123. 80 Lums

I have 3 coming from JB now.