What Model Cell Phone Do You Own?

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi All,

I just recently upgraded my Cell Phone to a Motorola KRZR. So far I really like it.

Based on that I thought it might be interesting to see what Cell Phones you all have. So feel free to share.

All My Best,
John

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Verizon version of the gray RAZR; didn't realize what a quality phone it was until playing with Virgin Mobile and Cingular prepaid phones. They're CRAP--lousy, lousy build quality and the radio equipment inside them has the same range as those $10 Space Range walkie-talkies I had when I was a kid. (Yeah, me and my sis used to pretend we were Jack Flack and Lady Ace with those things.)

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Motorola C139. It's a no-frills phone, but the battery life is terrific.

I'd really like to get a Motorola GSM brick--they made a few of those for the European market way back when.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I have a rather ancient Nokia 3120 on Cingular. It doesn't flip, take pics, play real music (though I do have "Under Pressure" midi as my ringtone.

What it does exceptonally well is take and send phone calls.

Sister had a prepaid Motorola from Walmart with her Sim Card. She never liked it. As of yesterday AM she has a Razr. I will wait to see if she gushes over it or pans it.

I may even get her to let me swap sims and use it one day....

rugbymatt

Enlightened
I have the Motorola Q, it is a pretty good phone. The Windows mobile is clearly inferrior to the palm os operating system. Things you can do with palm os either take a million steps on windows or cant be done. That being said reception is great, the screen is very good ,and the e-mail function works well. And the Q is much cheaper then the Treo.

carrot

Flashaholic
Like many people, I've got the Verizon Motorola RAZR V3M. It fit my criteria: a slim phone, built reasonably tough, with more memory than my previous phone and Bluetooth. So aside from the fact that Verizon locks out a bunch of cool features (media transfer via Bluetooth, for instance), I'm quite happy.

borax

Newly Enlightened
Samsung A900 currently, before that another Samsung, and once again before that another Samsung. Never had any trouble with them, great build quality and audio quality.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a Nokia 1112. Its one of the few phones you can buy that's just a phone. No colour screen, no camera, no mp3 player, no flippy things to break off, no dolbly digital surround sound with DVD player. Just a phone.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be getting the KRZR soon.. Sixpointone just got one and it looks really nice.

I currently have a Nextel I860 and Nextel Blackberry 7520

Sixpointone said:
Hi All,

I just recently upgraded my Cell Phone to a Motorola KRZR. So far I really like it.

Based on that I thought it might be interesting to see what Cell Phones you all have. So feel free to share.

All My Best,
John

K A

Enlightened
So far just a Motorola v551 with Cingular. Debating if I want to upgrade anytime soon and to what phone. There's a great cellphone forum called Phonescoop if you want to research a phone before getting it.

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got an unlocked Siemens ME75 from eBay, and use my old T-Mobile card. I wanted something simple and robust. The phone is semi-ruggedized and splash/dust protected. All my other phones broke prematurely, so this one will hopefully as long as I expect, since it was designed for harsh treatment, but I do not use it this way :).

Also, no flip phones for me anymore. Further, most new offerings from most providers are just bad designs. Like the Razr. Looks neat, but has this really weird (IMO) aspect ratio. It's too wide. I can see the early failure the way I would carry it in the design.

Sixpointone

Enlightened
One of the reasons that I decided to go with the new Motorola KRZR as opposed to the Motorola RAZR is that although it has a little more depth to it, it is more narrow, which to me makes it easier to carry and more ergonomic in my hands.

Agent_K

Newly Enlightened
Motorola A630 and T-Mobile MDA.

a630.jpg
_mda.jpg

Chris201W

Enlightened
I've got a relatively old LG VX3200 on Verizon. All it does is make and take calls, but it does so exceptionally well, with excellent battery life. Also, it's build like a tank, at least for a plastic-bodied phone. I've dropped it open, onto concrete, from head height (6') countless times, and it just has a few scratches. I'll be sticking with this phone for a while.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Motorola Razr that worked really well till recently. Now I get a horrible buzzing while I am on the phone, and battery life has gone to crap in the recent week or two. Its pretty rediculous how quickly it did all this.

Not but a few weeks ago, I can be quoted on this forum saying how well mine worked...

-Cameron

dulridge

Enlightened
Sony Ericsson P990 which replaced a string of P800s.

HTC windows thing - branded Orange SPV C500

Assorted old Nokias and Ericssons lying around. For radio performace a Nokia 6210 lives in the car as it'll get a signal where nothing else will. Used to use an Ericsson R320 for that, but it decided to fry its radio stage (and my ear) when it managed to discharge the battery in a matter of seconds.