Photon coin light - swapping LEDs

ps56k

Enlightened
hi -
I have a couple extra original Photon X-lights that I got with the blue led and would like to replace the blue led with something white.
They run on 2 x 2016 coin cells.
I really like the white Photon X-lights... and have them on all my keychains, etc.
In looking around for a couple of LEDs, I would have to either buy an entire bag of led's or pay more than the light cost at Radio Shack just for a single led, when all I really need is just a couple :)

Al

Enlightened
ps56k said:
hi -
I have a couple extra original Photon X-lights that I got with the blue led and would like to replace the blue led with something white.
They run on 2 x 2016 coin cells.
I really like the white Photon X-lights... and have them on all my keychains, etc.
In looking around for a couple of LEDs, I would have to either buy an entire bag of led's or pay more than the light cost at Radio Shack just for a single led, when all I really need is just a couple :)

If I understand correctly, you want to replace existing LED's in existing lights?

Pick up some of these from Sandwich Shoppe and use them for replacement.
I've done this with all my older Photons and Eternalights and doubled the light output.

http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.com/product_info.php?cPath=48_52_77&products_id=678