Surefire Article in hunting magazine...

cutlerylover

Banned
surefirearticle.jpg

Hello everyone...I was recently at car dealership getting an oil change for my car and I was in the waiting room reading some magazines...Then some girl came in and was taking the magazines away and replacing them with new ones right as I was about to hand her the one I was lookign at I saw a surefire ad, I asked here what she was going to do with the old magazines and she let me know that they were going to be thrown out so I asked if I could rip the article out, she didn't care...As soon as I did my car was done and I stuck the article in my pocket and went home, I just read the article now and I was impressed with the short story which read like this...

"This Surefire rechargeable flashlight is owned by veteran officer Mike Daniel of the Boulder City Police department, in Nevada. It has stopped a bullet fired by a convisted felon wanted for attempted murder, allowing Officer Daniel to get back on his feet, return fire, and kill the felon who was trying to murder his partner, even after being shot the flashlight still operated.
Surefire flashlights are built for combat. They are so bright they can temporarily blind a threat. They are guaranteed for life and this garentee includes incoming fire. Officer Daniel recieved a free replacement."

...and then it went on a little about the incident and a hats off to the officer...Anyway I thought I would share the artcile, amazing huh...How could it has still worked though? As I understand it and from the picture it looks as though the bullet hole is right where the battery would be? How can it still work after a hit like that? I can not tell from the picture if the bullet actually pierced the case or not but even if it did not it certainly bemnt it enough to damage the battery right? I don't know...I am a bit skeptical, I know surefires are great lights but is this possible?

Your opinions please...:thinking:

Sorry about the picture quality if you cant see it the model looks to me like the surefire 9P or the old rechargable 8X? Not sure though...

Knight Lights

Enlightened
True story, someone here on CPF has actually seen the light.

It's been talked about here on CPF several times.

Bill

cutlerylover

Banned
Oh ok, Thask guys, thats awesome, I appologize for now searching for this before I posted, I should have known better, I hate it when the same topics are talked about over and over, lol like the new popular "flashlight starts fire" topic...sorry guys I will search next time...Thanks for the response!

firefly99

Enlightened
I had been cutting these SF articles out from the magazine to laminate it for my collection.