Manufacturers should consider...

EsthetiX

Enlightened
...making lights that aren't rounded so they do not roll when placed on slanted surfaces. Quickly after receiving my fenix lights I discovered I can't simply leave them on these uneven surfaces while im working on things. I'd like to see more squared bodys. I can always ghetto-rig it, but who wants to do that? Anyone with me?

Last edited:

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Manufacturer's should consider...

I put lanyards on all of mine, directly into the holes provided. I never have a problem with them trying to roll away.

Try http://www.lanyardsupply.com/

You can get 10 black or gray (natural) wriststraps for $18 shipped (Product # LY-604). There is also other colors and lengths.
Don't start grinding flats on your round body. :naughty:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've put a short leather boot-lace loop through the little split ring on many of my lights. For short lights it gives a bit more to hold on to, and it makes it easier to fish them out of your pocket. Won't roll very far, either.

Geoff

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a good selection of lights with anti-roll styling. The Gladius and Scorpion LED I have on my belt at the moment both have flat sides to prevent rolling. ProPolys don't roll, Huntlights don't roll, Fenix's E series doesn't roll with the split ring attached, and you can get a tactical impact crown for several lights from tadgear.com.

I also have many lights that do roll, like Mags, my M10i (without lanyard attached), and... well, that's all I can think of for now.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm with you. And why can't more lights tail-stand? It makes them more useful when you can put them down without rolling away, or stand them on end. It seems it wouldn't add that much cost to do those things.