The CPF Joke Contest! ~~VOTE HERE!~~

Greta

Flashaholic
Go to The Great Big Joke Thread! and read the jokes. You will see the username and member number of who submitted the joke. Vote for the member number that you feel should win the contest and all the free stuff. You may only vote once and you may not view the results of the poll until after you have voted. I'm going to set the poll to close on Friday the 13th at high noon board time! Have fun and click wisely!
winkie.jpg

Greta

Flashaholic
Ok everyone. This is NOT gonna work if everyone votes for themself!
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif

And no, I did not vote for myself.
tongue.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did not vote for myself! I thought voting for yourself would be disabled? C'mon guys vote for what you think is the funniest.

Greta

Flashaholic
LOL! And no trying to influence others either!!! There's a 75 ft. rule here... no campaigning within 75 ft. of this thread.
winkie.jpg

leddite

Enlightened
oh, sure, sasha has a joke in the queue AND started the threads and is NOW adding rules... i'll bet someone is moving to florida soon to recount ballots ;> heh heh.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are many good jokes...four I like a lot...it will be hard to pick. There are some that frankly, I just don`t get...to slow I guess. Maybe after the votings all over someone could explain them to me.

Ken

Greta

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Empath:
Member 931, Witsend was missed.
frown.gif
icon13.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Are write-ins allowed?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ACK!!! You're kidding?!?!?
shocked.gif

No, I can't edit the poll. Let me check this out... SPUD!!!!
shocked.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
*groan*... yep, looks like Tater forgot Witsend...
frown.gif
There's nothing I can do about it at this time. Unless y'all want to vote here in the thread. I can post the joke and if you want to vote for it, you can post an "aye"? It's the only thing I can think of...
frown.gif

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
Ahh $|-|IT! I had Witsend's joke IN my file, but my computer crashed twice yesterday, and apparently it reverted to my OLD saved document, not the one I had just recently saved. Perhaps Sasha could (sorry to be a pain in the arse here) edit my post to include witsend's joke and member number, then put in a new poll thread? I would've already done that, however, I am not a mod, so I cannot. While I am CM, that doesn't have any influence in CPF, so the only thing I can do now is either ask Sasha (*puppy dog eyes* pretty please?) to edit my joke post and add witsend's joke and make a new poll adding his member number, OR, we could take the voting to email. It doesn't matter to me which one is done, so uh, yeah, if it won't take too long, could you do that Sasha? If not, then we'll do it by email.

Spud

Then again, Sasha could just edit my post to include witsends, and anybody who votes for him could email me and those votes would be tallied in at the end and compared to the others.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spud, to get in her good graces you have to ask her daughter out, ha, ha. Remember the pictures and comments?

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
Ahh, refering to this thread are we? Hehe. I wish I could redo those pictures now that I have some nice looking glasses (they only clarify things far away, and barely, but i like the looks of them). Anyway, yes, I remembered them, couldn't remember what thread they were in until I saw the link in the recent one.

BTW, I will post a pic of me there when our RA comes around and gets our pictures later this semster, hopefully mine will be decent (that is hard to do, those senior pics were the only decent pics of me ever)

Spud

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Originally posted by Tater Rocket:
[QB]Ahh $|-|IT! I had Witsend's joke IN my file, but my computer crashed twice yesterday,
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Darn... you asked me which "joke" of mine was to be offical, and locked the thread before I could respond.
frown.gif

O well...

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
I didn't lock it, lol, I don't have that power. However, if it was the other one, it can be changed by an admin or by Darell (not by me since the thread is locked). However, since the thread was locked, I had to assume it was your first one. Like I said, if you plead like I am, perhaps sasha can change it whilst she is (hopefully) changing my little screw up.

Spud

Darell

Flashaholic
I voted for the guy who I'm sure won't want any of the prizes. I figure if he wins, he'll give all the stuff to the guy who began the landslide of votes for him.

Greta

Flashaholic
Well...
icon23.gif
... here's the deal. I've been going over the whole thing and there is no way to edit the poll itself. And I'm sorry Spud, but I'm not going to make a whole new poll and trash this one. Too many people have already voted. To take it to email would be a pain in the
mooner.gif
and would take away from all of the fun, IMO.

So here's my proposal. Here is Witsend's joke:

An Infinity lanyard goes into a bar and says, "I'd like a AA battery please". The bartender says "Get out of here we don't serve your kind". The lanyard leaves, steps into an alley and pulls off the plastic tab that holds the cord together. Then it ties the ends together and unravels the cord beyond where it was tied. It goes back into the bar and says, "I'd like a AA battery please". The bartender looks at the lanyard and says, "Aren't you the lanyard that was in here a minute ago?" The lanyard says, "No I'm a frayed knot"
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I propose that maybe CCW could give Witsend a small prize for his participation and as a consolation gift for our screw up. I will cover the cost if necessary. And we just leave the poll as it is without Witsend's entry. I really feel bad about this...
frown.gif
but I do think this is the easiest solution all the way around.

What does everyone think?
dewey.gif