Never forget...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
911aniv.jpg

In memory of all who died at the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and the four lost flights.
You will not be forgotten.

In case you're wondering what this picture is of, it's a beaded quilt patch to be sewn into a memorial for installation at the WTC site in New York City. I made the design last year shortly after the tragedy; my mother turned it into a beadwork patch for this memorial. The one in this picture turned out to be a "practise piece" and it now graces my home; a second was made for the memorial.
http://www.beadquilt.org/squares/panel30.html
http://www.juneauartistsgallery.com/ella.htm

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Images from the Seattle memorial services

911mem0.jpg

Governer Gary Locke and his wife Melinda preparing to light the Eternal Candle at the Westlake Plaza memorial. This followed a service which included the ringing of a bell 21 times by family members who lost somebody in the tragedy, and a long moment of silence.

911mem1.jpg

A silent precession was then led to the Seattle Center for another memorial service. The American Flag is flying at half-staff on top of the Space Needle, and another American Flag is flown between a pair of SFD ladder trucks.

911mem2.jpg

At the International Fountain, a series of memorials is set up for viewing and remberances. Small baggies of compost made from last year's huge flower memorial, each accompanied by a tulip bulb, were handed out so people could take a piece of the memorial home with them and plant it in their garden.

911mem4.jpg

One of the memorials in the International Fountain bowl was composed partly of some pictures from last year's huge flower memorial. I took the red, white, blue and black ribbon that I'd gotten last year off my shirt and pinned it to the side of this memorial. It was the least I could do to show my respect.

911mem3.jpg

Other memorials were composed of flowers, stuffed animals, toy fire trucks, and police cruisers.