• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FOUND: Mint McLux Ti PD

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTB: Mint McLux Ti PD

With the release of Don's new Ti line, I wonder if prices will drop back to the 400.00 range for the original Ti PD's....just a thought....

Good Luck on your hunt DAD!

Kid9P

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast

Troy's known to do that...... :grin2:

By the way, in my opinion, nothing in McGizmo's new lineup replaces the Ti-PD. A lot has to be said about the PD's small form factor. It is plenty bright with great runtimes..... I can see why Troy wants to buy it back... :laughing:

But I agree that prices should drop, due to the availability of more Ti lights.

:rock: WP

easilyled

Flashaholic

WAVE_PARTICLE said:
Troy's known to do that...... :grin2:

By the way, in my opinion, nothing in McGizmo's new lineup replaces the Ti-PD. A lot has to be said about the PD's small form factor. It is plenty bright with great runtimes..... I can see why Troy wants to buy it back... :laughing:

:rock: WP

Won't the Ti 19XR PD replace it? Its hardly any longer from what
I could see in the comparison pictures.

However that's not to say that the existing TiPD isn't a beauty in its
own right.

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Easy,

I don't want to hijack Troy's buy thread, but I just want to say that it's more than just the size. The light output is also important. What attracted me to the Ti-PD (or any other PD for that matter) is the delicate balance in the choice of drive levels for High and Low. For a light of this size class, the choice of low output is very important to me. The low on the Ti-PD is just about perfect. Any higher and it will lose a significant amount of utility (to me). My understanding is that the drive level for low on the XR19-PD will output significantly more lumens than the low on the PD. If Don could bring the drive levels down to match the current Ti-PD's, that would be wonderful and I would be on the list of buying one of these beauts! And we would get more runtime to boot!!! :thumbsup:

Another thing is tint....albeit, less important to a degree. I have been spoiled by the perfect tint that I have discovered in the UV1K and UV0J emitters that I had the pleasure of owning. If the tint isn't good, I find I don't reach for that light as often. Luckily, so far, the tints from the Cree XR-Es haven't been too bad (my A19 XR-E has a tint somewhere in the triangle of W0, X0 and X1, Luxeon equivalent).

With that said, I mentioned earlier that nothing in McGizmo's new Ti lineup replaces the Ti-PD, which I still believe. In reality, McGizmo's new Ti lineup is complementary to the Ti-PD. That is why I am eagerly awaiting the 27L models to be released.

Ok, that's all.....sorry Troy for jumping on your thread.....:grin2:

If I had a spare Ti-PD, you know I'd call on ya! :thumbsup:

free bump!

:thumbsup: WP

easilyled

Flashaholic

WP,
Thanks for explaining that so eloquently. I see what you mean now.

Personally I'm pleased to have the opportunity of owning a PD
with higher levels as well, but as you say this is complementary
to the existing PD.

Sorry for digressing from the thread AWTYD and good luck with
finding one.

I've just been convinced by WP not to offer mine though. :lolsign:
(Not that I need much convincing!)

Re: Found: Mint McLux Ti PD

It's alright, fellas. I appreciate the bumps. And I'm always honored to have the Wave, Reg, and easilyled post on my threads.

This thread is now closed, as I have FOUND this item. :grin2: