Power out in our house

Danbo

Enlightened
Well, I finally have the chance to do a little real time testing of all my lights. Our power went out last Thursday night, and hasn't been on since. :(

I will say that the Fenix P1 has come in REALLY handy, what with it's ability to stand up and be used as a candle. I've been using the Inova X5 for the same purposes, except I have to prop it up against something. LOVE the runtime on that X5!

My Surefire L4 Lumamax is always clipped to my pocket, and my love for it has grown in leaps and bounds. :)

I've given my Wife the Inova XO(new reflector style) as her main carry light, and I have a feeling I'll never get it back. I'll be stopping by Target to get another soon.

The Inova T5 stays in the car, and has come in really handy.

One good thing about this power outage; I was digging around in the closet for my Winter coat. I found it, and looked in the pocket and found a new Surefire E2D that I had misplaced! :)

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
glad you found your e2d,
watch the usage....blackout and lights with no batteries is a pretty bad combination for anyone.

last time i had a blackout I ran my set of batts in the XO [old optics version] before I noticed it:ohgeez:

any led light and a plastic frosted cup is a great area light

not2bright

Enlightened
Danbo,

I hope Ameren gets the power back on for you soon! If you need any emergency CR123s let me know. I'm about 20 minutes from you (Columbia, IL) and have plenty of power here.

Danbo

Enlightened
Concept said:
One good thing about this power outage; I was digging around in the closet for my Winter coat. I found it, and looked in the pocket and found a new Surefire E2D that I had misplaced!
What a most excellent surprise. I love it when you rediscover something.

Really. I was hoping to find a $5 bill or something that I had stashed away. The light REALLY brightened up my day(pun intended). :)