How do you store your lights/batteries?

tygger

Enlightened
i've been looking for the perfect mobile container for my lights and batteries but have yet to find one. i used a toolbox with multiple compartments for used (but not dead) batteries but as my collection grew it became too small. how do you store your lights/batts? any suggestions?

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Walmart has a pretty good selection of tackle boxes. I like the ones that have compartments that run horizontily from one side all the way to the other.

The ones that I use cost $4 a pop, and if you buy 2 of them, they will "clamp together" on the bottoms making it into a "briefcase" of sorts. The brand name for these "clampable" boxes is "Bait Box". With a divider in the middle, there is just the right amount of room on either side to store a couple of 2AA lights.

You can use the dividers to make smaller compartments for batteries and spare parts, etc.

TOB9595

Enlightened
Before the kids went back to school I was in WalMart and saw storage containers for $.33. They're probably supposed to be pencil boxes or something. They're translucent, 8x5x1.75h (inches) have a clasp type lid. A variety of colors and stack well. I use them to store lights, batts, cigars for travel. Inside one I have (2) 2aa mini mag with badboy and madmax, tec 40, micro torch (great cigar lighter), scorpion, hacked laser, cmg ultra, surefire g2, multipurpose break off blade cutter thing, schrade tough clip or chip (can't make it out, and a RS 2aa . Tuff little box. Took it with me to Vermont on Vacation. Played with em all. I'm amazed at what I had in there. They probably still have bunches

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pelican Case's with pick and pluck foam.
grin.gif
SF-Case-3.JPG

Or any case with pick and pluck foam.
Arc-LS-Kit.JPG

tygger

Enlightened
JT, thats about as perfect of an all-carry case as you can get. i've seen them at camping stores but never thought to use it for light/battery storage. what size is your case? that would be perfect. thanks for the pic.

tygger