Terrorists caught in Florida (CORRECTED: NY)

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
This is some breaking news, check it out at WFOR I think this is something like the tip of an iceberg, it was reported that the bomb sniffing dogs actually vomited because of the intensity of something, its also on Fox news at this moment. A package was also remote detonated, the BG's were from Illinois, hmmmm, lots of West Nile virus is there as well.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
**Update**

Bomb squad still on scene, 1 controlled explosion carried out.

UK news reports (unconfirmed) say possible target DISNEYWORLD, not sure if this is just speculation as no facts mentioned to back it up.

news.jpg

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they came from Georgia, as the news story stated, it would seem odd to go to Miami and then to Orlando. They would have passed Orlando to get on Alligator Alley where they were stopped.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
To me they sound like 3 college kid idiots clowning around...not real terrorist. One car went through a toll without paying...no way a pro would have done that...not if they had a bomb in the car (if their planing to crash an airplane and running late they might take a chance on a speeding ticket...nothing in the car to incrimenate them).

Not to mention talking about plans in a resterant.

Ken

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's no way of telling what actually transpired and how. Maybe they saw the cops and panicked? perhaps there's more to it tan we are being told for reasons of "nationalsecurity". wouldn't be the first time.Either way it's good that they were caught even if pranksters. No need for pranks like this.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by webley445:
Either way it's good that they were caught even if pranksters. No need for pranks like this.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That for sure...those days are gone. My guess is they wanted to test one of thier "rights". The freedom/right to act/be stupid. Now they will probably try to sue...saying their rights were violated.

Ken

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not really Luther, Miami would not be a pick for me if I was a terrorist. Disney might be a target...but I really think these guys are just some immature 25 year old stupid idiots.

I hope they dismantal their cars completly before giving them their key back...probably the only thing they can be charged with is running the toll. I`d like to listen in when they turn in thier claims with their insurance companies.
rolleyes.gif

Ken

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Miami has lots of shipyards, NY and Miami are major import/export centers. Heck, can you imagine just driving down to the main strip or crowded tourist areas and doing a suicide boom boom act like overseas? And look at Oklahoma, he just parked in front of the building.
They have had major emphasis on port security in miami and Tampa since 9-11.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Monitoring this on FOX news, this looks like a hoax by a few STUPID anti-American muslims that are resident here.

According to Fox News, there have been no explosives or weapons found. The one suspicious package turned out to be "medical equipment".

There is no explanation yet why the bomb dogs reacted to both cars- perhaps the cars were used to transport explosives previously or the dogs were having an "off day".

The suspects HAVE been belligerent and uncooperative with police though. You can bet that both cars will be ripped completely apart by the forensics teams.

That does not mean that these sorry wastes of skin would not have done anything if they had the means and courage. They apparently were engaging in some hate America talk before they noticed the woman listening and started their stupid little joke.

Although I find it interesting that family members of the suspects have been ALREADY been interviewed saying that these are "Good boys, who love America and would never do anything wrong".

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Silviron:
Monitoring this on FOX news, this looks like a hoax by a few STUPID anti-American muslims that are resident here.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You have anti-Americans with you, we have anti-British/American demonstrators living over here. Sometimes I wonder why these people choose to live in our respective countries if they hate them so much.

Could it be for the basic human rights that they wouldn't get in their own country ?

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Latest is that the plates on one of the cars DO NOT BELONG TO THAT CAR.

Now that's more than clowns blowing a toll booth.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now watch as our legal system goes to work defending these clowns right to say any stupid thing they want...really watch...these guys will make millions. Your tax dollars in thier pockets.

Yachts, nice cars...

Ken

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by KenB:
Now watch as our legal system goes to work defending these clowns right to say any stupid thing they want...really watch...these guys will make millions. Your tax dollars in thier pockets. Yachts, nice cars...

Ken
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">When you think about it, this could of been their exact plan from the start, purposely get arrested abuse the legal system and sue for lots of cash.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
>>Sometimes I wonder why these people choose to >>live in our respective countries if they hate >>them so much.
[QUOTE}

Seems its always the case. SO easily willing to drink from our cup, but ready to spit it back in our face. Hey, if you don't like it THEN GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM!
Oh, but they don't have cable TV and a decent paying job and a nice roof over their heads with good food on the table. They'll taste our hospitality and deride us every opportunity they get, but they don't seem to want to leave. And then complain if their rights are violated?

Nice set of double standards.

Jonathan

Enlightened
Hey,

America isn't perfect.

America is wonderful, America is the closest thing to Freedom embodied, and America is the place where I want to live.

But America isn't perfect.

The greatest thing about America is that you are allowed to vocally disagree with the majority. You can even advocate for the (non-violent) overthrow of the government. You can stand on the street corner, and shout to anyone who will listen exactly what you think is wrong with America. It is precisely for this reason that I feel that America has a chance to grow closer to the ideal of true freedom and justice.

I bet these guys have been getting quite an earful of anti-Muslim language over the past year. So they decided to have a little fun and spout some anti-American cr*p. Yea, I know, not a good idea, and certainly not the way to make friends. Nor a 'right' thing to do in the current climate. But I can understand why they might feel the urge to vent. I bet that they like it here and have most of the same American ideals as I have.

I hope that they have been treated with absolute respect by the law enforcement involved, and I hope that if there is any legal fallout, it is because of what they actually did, and not for what law enforcement amplified it into. (Not that I disagree with the fact that the car was searched _in detail_...if law enforcement is doing its job properly, _most_ of the people searched will be _innocent_, that is why suspects need to be treated with respect.)

Enough venting.

-Jon

Albany Tom

Enlightened
Seems to me pretty sad that a tip from one person could cause the police to blow up somebody's book bag. I'm not much on preserving the rights of people to act stupid, but there's that old "stupid is as stupid does" saying. It doesn't seem to far a stretch from hunters taking a "sound shot", that is firing a live round into an area of woods where they heard something.

People are WAY too jumpy. If the goal was to make our LE guys look like a bunch of morons, they sure did it.

We need to stop living in fear, and stop living in anger. We should be making the other people live in fear an anger...
smile.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tom, I don't agree with what you said about the LE guys looking a bunch of morons, ok it turned out that there was no explosives present, but the police were acting in the interests public safety.

Like it or not the US is facing a legitimate threat and under the circumstances the precautions taken can be considered justified (remember sniffer dogs indicated explosives present, Information received from informant, wrong plates on car & failing to stop at toll booth - It all adds up)

I agree that we should stop living in fear but that is difficult while a threat remains.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do they look like idiots? the dog hit on the bag so they followed normal procedure. In such instances they detonate the package rather than risk someone's life/limb to try to take the package apart and examine it. Maybe the evac zone seems extreme, now that it is known that there was no threat, but what if it had? If there was a substantial amount of explosives that went off there would be debris and shrapnel traveling great distances. It will always seem sense less and extreme when there is no threat found, but it will seem not enough when one is discovered.
Yes it was one person giving a tip, but if this had become a legit threat, she would be touted as a hero.
But it must be said that being allowed to speak your mind and our freedoms is some of what makes this country great. I will not deny that. They can say what they feel, but so can I.
and I say there is a difference between stating your opinions and trying to frighten people,driving with improper tags, and running a toll booth.

(Just stating MHO, not lambasting anyone)

Albany Tom

Enlightened
Originally posted by x-ray:

I agree that we should stop living in fear but that is difficult while a threat remains.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It is difficult, but it needs to be done. We need to find it within ourselves to take a stand against intimidation by the cowardice of others. Armed men that would use women and children as weapons.

I note your post coming from London - wonderful, proud heritage there. People lobbing bombs at you for days on end. Fear? Sure! Courage? Legendary. People will be talking about the 'blitz' for 500 years, and remembering the strength of the British people there.

We need to use this experience, in our country, to make us stronger. We can't sit back and expect someone else, or our government, to do that for us. This was an attack on the people of the United States, not our government. Whine as we (and I!) do about it, it is of us, not the other way around. It was an attack on freedom.

On a lighter note: More than 400,000 Florida residents are licensed to carry guns. I wouldn't want to raise my hand up and yell "hey I'm a terrorist!" in that state... (And Florida is *nothing* compared to Texas. "Don't mess with Texas" is no joke. They still think they're still an independent country. I'm waiting for them to invade Mexico again.
smile.gif
)