McGizmo McCree XR 19C

Ledacholic Anonymous

Newly Enlightened
If you venture into the McGizmo thread, you are going to the darkside of flashaholism. The is no return and you will end up digging deep for that $$.

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
He He, i know that. Luckily those deals only show up once in a while and of course I'm in for one. My first McGizmo.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
initial-lineup.jpg

mCreeXR19-C.jpg

mCreeXR19-PDgloves2.jpg

mCree-XR-19 (right) vs SF L5 (left)
mCreeXR19P4vsSFL5.jpg

bernie

Buffalohump

Enlightened
A thing of rare and wonderful beauty....

Unfortunately most of us will have to settle for the slightly more pedestrian HA III version.

But at least the glorious light issuing from it will be the same :rock:

Last edited:

LA OZ

Enlightened
I am in the queue for one. Checking my email every hour for Don's news. The beam shot is great. It does not have the ringy like the P1D CE that 4 seven attributes it as an illusion.

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Concept ... it is rare these days that I do have something to show off, so permit an old man the pleasure :D

Buffalohump ... AFAIK there is no aluminium HAIII version in the works, at least not at present.

bernie

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ledacholic Anonymous said:
If you venture into the McGizmo thread, you are going to the darkside of flashaholism. The is no return and you will end up digging deep for that $$.

Well..... I dared to venture.... and now I have seen the darkside! Funny though.... the darkside has a beautiful gleaming titanium body and throws forth prodigious amounts of light. And yes..... I did have to dig deep. :)

Last edited:

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened
Personally, I'm holding off on high-end custom purchases until something made out of tantalum shows up.

tantalumro7.jpg

The look of TI and then some.

:whistle:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the welcome Concept. Funny thing .. I only found this forum recently because I was looking to upgrade my trusty Solitare keychain light to something a little more useful, and now look what you'all have done to me! :)

I've got a Miller modded Arc AAA XR-E 2 stage ordered for the keychain ... but I knew after spending a little time here that I would have to get at least one more light .... and when I saw, and read about the XR 19-C ... well ... I just knew that was the one I was looking for.

It's really been a LOT of fun learning about the various lights that are available, and the different approaches that folks have taken to tame and manage photons, and this site has been a wonderful resource for me to quickly get up to speed with the current state of the art.

And speaking of art, I have especially enjoyed reading many of the McGizmo threads from beginning to end and watching the progession of Don's work from it's earliest stages to where he is now. I can hardly believe that I'm going to have the opportunity to own one of his titanium lights ... and with a Cree LED no less. Talk about good timing!

So.... thanks again for the warm welcome.. and although I'm giddy with anticipation over getting an XR 19-C, I will pass the time patiently by continuing to absorb as much information from you nice folks as I can.