• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Re:Tower Module II pre-sale only 10 units. One left!

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re:Tower Module II pre-sale only 10 units. One left!

The Tower Module II Digital continues the tradition started by the Tower Module, a mod that fits in a Surefire Turbo head or M6 light and turns it into an overpowering LED light, with the addition of digital control in a compact form using a buck converter and adding vastly improving runtime. The first Tower upgraded the incandescent lights to a white beam LED emitter with a premium bin (100 lumens at 350ma drive current) Seoul Semi Z-LED P4 emitter in a drop-in module. And the TM-II enhances the usefulness of the reliable Tower. TM-II is a new, limited, one-of-a-kind series of only ten.

tmupcx0.jpg

The TM-II is an easy drop-in LED replacement but it's packed with a buck converter and many very sophisticated functions. 11 different light options are available. It features a wealth of real light controls like low, medium, high, blink, fast blink, marker, strobe, wave, hi/low, heartbeat and SOS all running on a SS Z-LED P4 emitter driven to specs. Selection is done using either the click switch or twist of the tail cap.

Its design is perfect for those who need one high-performance light to cover many situations. As far as I know there are no incandescent lights with this many multifunction. The Tower Module II totally revolutionizes the concept of a SS Z-LED P4 light performance.

For pre-sale for $*** each, this includes express mail shipping from Japan as well as Paypal service fees. I will also donate $5.00 per unit unit sold to CPF. This is a pre-sale for the modules to be delivered by mid to late January. My Paypal e-mail address is*********** Upon sending payment, make sure to include your complete shipping address, CPF NAME and what you are paying for. I will update the list below in the order payment is received. The TM-II will also ship in the manner payment is received. All parts are ready with the exception of the assembly of the complex converter with 19 components. As you know, people are happy with the products that are made. This is your entrance to a light never seen before. You'll receive a-

Tower Module Digital with these features.
• Fits Surefire Turbo Head or M6.
• Premium Seoul Semi Z-LED P4 emitter.
• Multifunction include low, medium, high, blink, fast blink, marker, strobe, wave, hi/low, heartbeat and SOS.
• Japanese designed, made and assembled buck converter.
• Tower made by Katokichi, the Japanese machinist and maker of the KI lights.
• Surgical quality stainless steel spring.
• All parts made and assembled in Japan.
• Limited series of only sixteen.

sequencechartin0upsi1.gif

brightnessbeamshotshz7.jpg

This is an action light. A couple of QuickTime videos will show you what the TTM Digital can do with a SS Z-LED P4 emitter. The videos do not do the light justice; the beam is brighter and faster acting then the videos show.

Blink-
http://home.comcast.net/~haveblue/PB290234.MOV

Fast blink-
http://home.comcast.net/~haveblue/PB290235.MOV

Marker-
http://home.comcast.net/~haveblue/PB290236.MOV

Strobe-
I can't show that one because the frames per second of the camera could not keep up with the strobe rate.

Wave-
http://home.comcast.net/~haveblue/PB290238.MOV

Hi/Low-
http://home.comcast.net/~haveblue/PB290239.MOV

Heartbeat-
http://home.comcast.net/~haveblue/PB290241.MOV

SOS-
http://home.comcast.net/~haveblue/PB290244.MOV

List of people who have paid:

1..rdh226 Shipped!
2..Josey Shipped!

ARC mania

Last edited:

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Tower Module II pre-sale only 16 units.

Nice Mike!

I have the same UI in a KI light and there are some nice operational differences from say a FluPIC:

- Even after the light is latched on a certain level, a quick off-on will advance to the next. You don't have to turn it off and start over.

- After Hi, the light will start blinking. If you turn it off-on anywhere between 2 - 4 blinks, it enters the sub-loop of funtions, and again you can leave it on one function, then advance it to the next by an off-on.

- An off-on after one blink, or 5 - 9 blinks, will just revert back to the beginning, or low.

- An off-on after 10 blinks activates SOS mode, and exiting SOS starts you over as well.

- Leaving the light off for more than 0.3 sec anywhere in the program will start you over at low. This is nice because you can never get lost.

Mike, do these run the same 7.4 - 16 V input as your original tower modules?

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast

Any idea on runtimes for low and med for 3x CR123a?

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

The three brightness levels are as follows:

Low - approximately 50ma
Medium - 350ma
High - 900ma (recently increased)

I've gone through the theoretical runtime numbers. The big Surefire with the 2x 17670 (3200mA total), 3.7 rechargeable cells will run-

High- 2 hours, 20 minutes (at a 750ma drive current)
Medium- 5 hours, 10 minutes
Low- 53 hours, 20 minutes or 2 days & 5 ½ hours.

Yes, the input voltage is 7.4v minimum to 13 volts max.

ARC mania

Last edited:

Dark Mower

Newly Enlightened

I gotta get me one of these. Different light levels and a lot more fun? Yup, gotta have. it.

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

You picked a competitor that the TTM Digital would be guaranteed to lose. I don't think any light can match the M6 500 lumen output.

m6ttmdigitalod4.jpg

I had an M6, 500 lumen light, in my hand last year, 1 year and 4 days ago. Here are comparison shots. Initially, the M6 beats up the TTM Digital easily when it comes to sheer output but continually drops in beam brightness. The unearthly output on the M6 is great but doesn't last long on a set of batteries. I had to pass the light on to someone else; I couldn't afford the cost of the 6 x CR123A batteries. For a white beam, low, medium and high- the multiple uses of the TTM Digital wins. The comparison shots will help you decide with light you can live with.

Here is another comparison with a more common light, the 2 x D Maglite.

maglitettmdigital2el5.jpg

ARC mania

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Do you have to cycle from low - med - high, or can you set the light to always come on to the last setting?

MSax

Dark Mower

Newly Enlightened

I'm sold on your aftermarket part. It sounds wonderful! Just one question before I push the PayPal button...is the tower regulated or direct drive? I'm new to this stuff. You are accepting the PayPal now, right? :bumpit:

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mike, what tint emitter will you be using, and will the TM's have the gold springs, or the springs, as shown in your photo?

Also, can you adjust the program so the high setting is 1 amp, as opposed to the 750mA?

Thanks,

TB

:bumpit:

Last edited:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

TranquillityBase said:
Mike, what tint emitter will you be using, and will the TM's have the gold springs, or the springs, as shown in your photo?

Also, can you adjust the program so the high setting is 1 amp, as opposed to the 750mA?

Thanks,

TB

:bumpit:

Mike,

I'll second TB on the high beam running at 1A... IMHO the difference between 350mA and 750mA isn't wide enough to be truly useful for the human eye. In fact, I'd argue for 50mA, 250mA, 1A... or even (gasp!) 50mA, 350mA, 1.2A.
:thinking:

Dark Mower

Newly Enlightened

Are you guys saying the tower is not good and not good parts, it has problems and it shouldn't be sold? It doesn't work. I wish I knew more but I'm not the experts you are. I shouldn't buy now? What should I buy?

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

The bin number of the 5 watt Lux V will be a either a WY0S or WY0R. This is what I've been promised and if my supplier gets lucky and gets any XX1R or XX1S or better, I have first dibs and will put them on the 16 TM II modules. Will know in a weeks time.

I could increase the high to 900ma max if enough people want to go this high. Due to the drivers internal transistor, if I exceed 900ma, it may shut down when the module gets hot. So to be on the safe safe side 900ma is max. There is a difference in brightness that can be seen with the human eye between the current medium (350ma) and high (750ma) settings. Just doesn't have that big punch in high. I set the high to 750ma since some people from the earlier non-multi function TH module thread were concerned about the heat as they were set at 1 amp for brute brightness.

Springs: I have purchased surgical grade stainless steel springs here in Japan to keep things in my control. If there is a problem I can drive out to my supplier to prevent delays. No, the new springs will look a bit shiny compared to the one in the photo. I hope this answers all your questions.

ARC mania

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

OMG!!! I forgot to post that the TH II is not reverse polarity protected. Still awsome for what it does.

I also need to mention that I am going in the hospital tomorrow for two days and will be late responding. Thank you.

ARC mania

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Man, I've got three Arcmania TMs--a III and two Vs and they are the bee's knees.....err, cat's meow.....err, GREAT! Now, if I could only find a way to pay for this high tech monster...... :rant:

Karl

Monolith

Enlightened

ARC mania said:
I also need to mention that I am going in the hospital tomorrow for two days and will be late responding. Thank you.
Good luck at the hospital!

Latest posts