PT Surge/ Tec-40/Rage vs ? (yes I read the other posts :))

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I like LED lights for their long life and durability. BUT after reading up here I see that a good incan would be nice for chasing away wolves etc. (or seeing how far away at more than 30 feet). I prefer AA or AAA lights but am considering 123's. However the cost of replacement bulbs is a major consideration. So I am leaning toward a Tec 40 for the PR bulb and AA batteries. I won't be using it alot so the lithiums are still a consideration I might go w/ the Brinkmann LX or the UK2L.
With the Tec-40 w/ alk's or lithiums and standard bulb what type of throw do you get?
How about the brinkmann or UK?
Does the UK beat the Brinkmann at durability?
Are there any sites like LED Museum for incan's?
I could keep asking questions all morning
rolleyes.gif
please any input would be welcome.
BTW any comments on Surge or Rage would be nice

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by witsend:

Are there any sites like LED Museum for incan's?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you looked at Brock's website for incan's?

You should also consider the Streamlight Scorpion (for a 2x123 lithium flashlight), it comes with a spare bulb and has adjustable focus like the LX better quality than the LX and can be had for $28. Spare bulbs are under $4.00. You can get it from
Tanners or everyones favorite Botach
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Witsend, based on lights you're are enquiring, I assumed that you're looking for an EDC small light. Since you won't be using the light too often yet concern a bit on lamp cost, I can't agree more with Sean's suggestion. Scorpion is bright, small, use lithium battery, good beam quality, low spare lamp cost not to mention its built-in spare lamp. For around $30, it's hard to beat.

Alan

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Given the perametures you set, I think the Scorpion is a good choice. If you're not going to need to "holster" it, the LX is also a good choice. I haven't found a good holder for the LX yet. If you think you might want to expand your options (ie. longer reach; brighter light) later, you might want to consider a SF G2. I know the lamps aren't cheap, but if you figure 30 hrs on a light you don't use a lot, that's a long time. Later on you could get a KT1 & let you see those wolves at about 300'. TX

Chuen

Newly Enlightened
Both the UKE2L and Scorpion seems to be quite durable. While the UKE2L's beams is not as smooth or as bright as the Scorpion, it is in fact tighter. So 2L's beam actually throws a bit longer, but lights up a smaller area. And no, the scorpion is not waterproof.

Latest posts