Realized how far gone I was today

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
They had a members' appreciation day at the gun range where I am a member today. Shoot for free, members only with guests that they brought, a free barbeque with a DJ. After a fun session with my Ruger and H Bar, tooled over to the tent to feast. It was later in the afternoon and not that many folk left. Partook of BBQ chicken, pork, and ham, with a big ole cooked tater.

Then the DJ fades out the tunes and starts a chiming. "Hey, lets give some stuff away, time for our contest again". Figured it was a drawing or such, oh well, I didn't get any ticket and no mention was made of one, no big deal, I had my fun earlier.

"OK people, does anyone have a half dollar piece on them? Anyone?. OK, how about a compass, anyone got a compass with them today?" I smiled, good angle, gets the audience involved.
"How about a swiss army knife? swiss army knife? Well I'll take a pocket knife with more than two blades". Geez, good thing CPF members weren't here, they'd be raking it in. "OK, we have a winner, what would you like sir, we have a coffee mug, a t-shirt or a ........FLASHLIGHT! WHAT, I froze in my seat. I didn't care what kind of light, but I HAD TO HAVE ONE! The DJ went down the list, anything with a Harley logo, anything with a rebel flag on it, etc, etc. Then finally, 'does anyone have a dollar bill with three consecutive 1's in the serial number' (geez, where did that one come from).

As nonchalantly as possible I DOVE into my front pocket, I had two dollar bills left, and lo and behold, there were three 1's on the second bill. I look up to see someone beat me to the punch waving their bill in the air. Aw Shoot (pun intended)!! Well I'm not giving up that easy, I arose and said "Hey I got one too". 'Well come on up son, we'll take it'. OH joy!!

I made my way to the podium as calmly as I could, what would my prize be? I didn't care, we don't look gift flashlights in the mouth. "OK, do you want a..." , "I'll take a flashlight!"

It was a little cheapy Dorcy keychain single AA incandescent. A little miniature in traditional design.
dorcy.jpg

Ok, time to get to work. Must test battery run time, power drain, output. What mods can be done? Maybe convert to LED? Try another bulb, different power source?

Man, what happened to me?

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
grin.gif

I know what you mean.

It is a disease.

I wonder if flashaholism is covered by insurance plans, the ADA etc?

Saaby

Flashaholic
Sell it to some unsuspecting soul and buy an Arc with the proceeds
wink.gif

My scout troop knows you as my "flashlight support group" but you're not exactly, uhh, helping me not but flashlights
grin.gif