*Retired*
Originally posted by yclo:
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to Craig,
Happy Birthday to you!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks
grin.gif

I almost didn't go out today like I usually do on my birthday because I didn't have but $5 on me. (See "Crappy, Crappy People" thread to find out why I only had $5 on me).
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I went up to my usual alcohol dispensary, and found they had taped a note to the door that said "No Admittance, Use Side Door EXCEPT FOR CRAIG. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRAIG" on it in big red letters. Normally, this door is locked on Sundays because of the buffet and the only other entrance doesn't have a ramp. So I had a way in without having to knock or shine my G2Z through the windows.
smile.gif

The bartender first whipped up this very potent, somewhat vile tasting concoction:

bdrink1.jpg

This thing took almost five minutes to make, with careful pouring and spooning and measuring.

And then gave me a free buffet dinner!
I don't think I've eaten so much at once since a few Thanksgivings ago. It didn't come on a plate, it came on a platter. Alka-Seltzer to the rescue.
shocked.gif

The next place I went to, I ended up spending my $5. Guess they don't believe in birthday drinks. O well. At least I came home full, and didn't have to cook.
smile.gif

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, Happy Birthday.

Glad someone was willing to do something for you special, even if it did taste vile. At least it was pretty and you got a meal too!

What was the name of the place? Give 'em a plug here.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
birthday.gif

That wonderful drink would have looked great with some litecubes floating in it
smile.gif

Bad Influence

Newly Enlightened
At least you got a pic before you drank it... I'd have a hard time drinking something that pretty.

mad.gif
DOH! Where are my manners? HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRAIG!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Originally posted by Silviron:
Yeah, Happy Birthday.

Glad someone was willing to do something for you special, even if it did taste vile. At least it was pretty and you got a meal too!

What was the name of the place? Give 'em a plug here.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The name of the place is R Place. Sports bar with kitchen. I go there to watch the Mariners games since I don't have cable. I even have my own drink, something called the "007". I'm the only one who's ever ordered it, it's all I drink there (most of the time, anyway), and it's one of the first drinks they teach new bartenders how to make after they learn the standard set of wells. Most common newbie mistake is making it in the wrong glass.

They usually have a served buffet on Sundays, so my birthday just happened to fall on the right day this year. I let them know in advance I would probably show up so they could be ready to move tables and unlock the ramp entrance. They instead decided to configure the lower level that way from the beginning so I wouldn't have to pound on the door or shine my G2Z w/ HOLA through the window to get someone's attention.
smile.gif

by Light Year
So the question on everyone's mind, Did you finish that drink ?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Finished it in two big chugs, as I was directed to do. It tastes too nasty to sip on.

by Darell
Ok, my age was revealed on my BD. Let's have it!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">38, if you must know.

by Whistler
BTW: Is there any relation between the colour of your hair and this drink?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Not that I'm aware of. That was the end result of asking "Make me whatever you feel like".

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, so Craig, what is in a 007?

Want to do something fun?

After 7 or 8 refills of yout 007, get out your Super6, and make hand puppets in the shadows. The six LED's give a real cool "60's" style effect, so "under the influence", it could be hours of entertainment (ok, maybe 10 minutes!)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

shocked.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif
just discovered this string! Happy Belated Bidet! I mean B-Day, Craig!
grin.gif
tongue.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems to be a few versions (all Martini based), this seems to be the official one:

The 007 Cocktail
(Created as a promotional tie-in by Martini & Rossi during the Dalton era)

3 parts Martini & Rossi Extra Dry Vermouth
2 parts orange juice
splash of grenadine

Serve shaken or stirred.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Originally posted by Albany Tom:
Hey, we never did find out what an 007 is...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">In a pint glass with ice, combine:

1 part vodka
1 part orange juice
1 part 7-Up

Optional: Garnish with orange slice and raspberries.
smile.gif

In some places, you can get a similar drink by asking for a "fizzy screw" but the majority of bartenders I've encountered won't know what that is and will ask you what the ingredients are. And even if they know what a fizzy screw is, they'll always put it in a way-too-small glass. The only place that makes this drink correctly is R Place.

lc15.jpg

Here's a 007 with Litecubes in it, demonstrating the correct glassware to use.
grin.gif