All new: Guess the Geek contest!

Darell

Flashaholic
I've been meaning to post this shot for a while, but with all the talk of "appropriate material" going around, I was a bit frightened to do so. But heck, you only live once, and I was bored this evening. Protect the women and children, and click below if you dare.

Here, for your viewing pleasure are the Scary Boys and their Toys.

Who can name all the geeks? (they were named in another thread, so this can't be all THAT hard). For extra credit, what is everybody shining? Note that not all of these lights actually exist... so I'm not actually planning on having to fork out any prize money.

This was a late evening a few weeks ago at Shop de Don.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I only recognise Darell. I'd guess that green thing is either the new Fire Breathing Dragon or the Terra Destroyer.

Why is there a toilet bowl just to Darell's right?
icon15.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif
blush.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
The prizes go to YCLO and Witsend! Well done!(Those last two words, by the way, were your prizes - shipping included, exclamation mark for free).
Wow Craig - I had to look and look until I saw what you were talking about. It is hanging by some marine hardware, and there are boats strewn about the place... I'm gonna have to go with a hanging boat bow of some sort. But we can let Don clear that up.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, not sure who they are. So I`ll guess the lights. The fine looking Gentleman on the left is holding a light with...3~4 led`s, green...Trek in green from CCrane.

The next fine looking gentleman is holding...a Trek 7 led.

The fine looking gentleman in the center is holding a lightwave 2000 and a older PLW 3 led LED...or Mini-Trek.

The next fine looking gentleman is holding a newer style Lightwave 2000

The next fine looking YIKES! HOLY COW! HOLDING ONE OF HIS FEET! Ok...over the shock...a Lightwave 3000.

Ken

Darell

Flashaholic
I think if I had posted the shot where we accidentally hit the lens with a few of these lights, it would be immediately obvious that none of these lights have Trek or LightWave written on them.
smile.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
First of all I'd like to say it looked much, uhh, "better" when I turned the contrast on my screen wayyyyy up...dark areas of photos tend to blend together on my screen

Now the question, I thought it was hanging at first but I figured out it wasn't after the ajustment above, but I still must know...what is that pole thing right in front of Wayne?!?

I sense that by asking this I'm almost but not quite leaving myself open for cheap and witty comments, I'm not...end of story
wink.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bet there's a keg somewhere in the background, so it's probably holding him up
smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Originally posted by Saaby:
Now the question, I thought it was hanging at first but I figured out it wasn't after the ajustment above, but I still must know...what is that pole thing right in front of Wayne?!?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If the top were a bit wider, I'd guess it was a guitar stand. Maybe it's made for a guitar with a narrower than usual fretboard & neck, or for some other instrument with a narrow neck, like a trumpet or a saxophone.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Saaby:
Now the question, I thought it was hanging at first but I figured out it wasn't after the ajustment above, but I still must know...what is that pole thing right in front of Wayne?!?.......................................
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Saaby,

Craig was on in concept. It is a piece of 1/4" stainless rod welded to the end of a cart. I formed it to cradle a TIG welder head. There is a small 110 VAC TIG welder sitting underneath the small bead blasting cabinet.

BTW, YCLO was right about the magnifying glass/ circular flourescent tube on arm light behind Darell.

- Don

Darell

Flashaholic
Man, it's amazing the tricks your eyes can play on you! Sure enough, looks just like a fluorescent magnifier now. In my mind it was WAY back deep in the shot, but in fact it is just behind us on the "bench of doom." Crazy.

X-ray - that is, in fact, the big bad greenie that you've heard about. Be afraid. Be very afriad.

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darell, you tease! Truth be told, all the really *good* stuff is where our backs were facing. And of course, no one can see the flashlights we were posing using our toes... =)

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Yo Darell,

Does Ken B get a prize for missing on all counts? :) He was close on the feet part though...........

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright...they are all ARC lights...aaa`s and LS`s...am I right?

Now for my prize...a ride in Darells golf cart thing...(hey, I have dreams too)...or maybe not.

Ken