ELEGANT looking High quality light...?

EsthetiX

Enlightened
My uncle has his house filled with exquisite furniture, various gadgets, interesting things, and pieces of art. He is quite picky when it comes to what's out on display.

He does use flashlights VERY frequently (daily). I'd like to get him something really elegant looking that would fit in with his decour (while still give out plenty of light and decent run time). He has a couple of the older surefires.. Im not sure which models but it would be good if I could get something better. Spill is more important than throw. I was looking at the Neoca (any comments?). My budget is $100-200. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
Elegant and unique:

neocaw45

neocaw47

http://fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=31&products_id=75

And I know them very well, since I'm the manufacturer :)

Pablo

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got to hold/play with a Gatlight at SHOT last year and talk with the maker, it was jewel-like and very cool but I think they're sold out and were more than you want to spend.

EsthetiX

Enlightened
Art Vandelay said:
You know his taste.

How about the McGizmo mCree XR19-[font=&quot]C
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/143226
[/font] [font=&quot]
[/font]

Those are sexy, definately something he would love. How much are they though? I think theyre out of my $100-200 range. even 150 is pushing it.

PEU said:
Elegant and unique:

And I know them very well, since I'm the manufacturer :)

Pablo

Oh wow cool. Yah these are pretty stylish. Did you see in my initial post I was considering?

Can you get me some Hi-Res closeup shots and name a couple lights you would compare it to performance-wise? If you can post some BIG HI RES pictures could you do so of both the medium and darker colors.

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
EsthetiX said:
Those are sexy, definately something he would love. How much are they though? I think theyre out of my $100-200 range. even 150 is pushing it.

Oh wow cool. Yah these are pretty stylish. Did you see in my initial post I was considering?

Can you get me some Hi-Res closeup shots and name a couple lights you would compare it to performance-wise? If you can post some BIG HI RES pictures could you do so of both the medium and darker colors.
McGizmo has lights that start at $215. I did not notice that the photo I sent was of a titanium light. It is $440. They sell out fast so they may all be gone already.
The bigger light is from Electro Lumens. It is $129. It is aluminum, bigger, and much brighter than the McGizmo.

EsthetiX

Enlightened
Art Vandelay said:
McGizmo has lights that start at $215. I did not notice that the photo I sent was of a titanium light. It is $440. They sell out fast so they may all be gone already.
The bigger light is from Electro Lumens. It is $129. It is aluminum, bigger, and much brighter than the McGizmo.

The second one looks too industrial/modern for his home. The entire house has sort of a victorian decour about it (thats why im thinking the neoca's might work well but I need better pictures). That McGizmo is sexy though.

drmaxx

Enlightened
EsthetiX said:
My uncle has his house filled with exquisite furniture, various gadgets, interesting things, and pieces of art. He is quite picky when it comes to what's out on display.

He does use flashlights VERY frequently (daily). I'd like to get him something really elegant looking that would fit in with his decour (while still give out plenty of light and decent run time).

Did you consider The Orb? Stylish - not everybodys style though.

EsthetiX

Enlightened
ahh.. Too modern looking. As I said the entire decor is victorian style I'm looking for something that will fit in with the room I know it will go in. Thank you though NICE light.

Somy Nex

Enlightened
the Orbs are pretty elegant, but they have too short runtimes if that is a concern of yours. the Gatlights have options for the larger li-on batteries, and will have much more runtime if that is a concern. Also consider the Spy 005 lights http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128296

if you're into modding, or can get someone to mod for you, this light might be the one =) it certainly is very elegant looking

first intro-ed on the forum here:
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96870&highlight=leather+wrapped

one attempt at modding here:
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105455&highlight=sundance

link to the shop in the first link.

Last edited:

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I his house looks victorian, IMHO the Neoca will fit in like a glove...
Dont know the performance or size, but beautifull light.
Are there any more pictures of it?

beakman

Newly Enlightened
How about one of the Peak LED lights in brass? Seems like brass would fit in with Victorian decor.

beakman