e2d's tid on the l2?

dimlight

Newly Enlightened
will the tid on the e2d fit on the l2? they seem to be the same size. i have looked allover the web for a tid for the l2 with no luck.

astrogrub

Newly Enlightened
Yes the E2d crenelated bezel will fit. Its a matter of getting the bezels off each light and back onto the light you want. Some heat and a couple of strap wrenches work but its not a process for the squemish.

TheSteve

Newly Enlightened
Sometimes the crowns aren't too bad to get off, other times its a battle. I was having a really bad day once and took the crown off an L4 and an E2D by hand with no tools. My hands were quite sore the next day though, was still worth it, no tool marks at all!

dimlight

Newly Enlightened
thanks, my l2 came right off. i like the tad gear one because it not black like the e2d would be. i think i will get the tad gear one. thanks for the info everyone.

Ignoramus

Newly Enlightened
TheSteve said:
Sometimes the crowns aren't too bad to get off, other times its a battle. I was having a really bad day once and took the crown off an L4 and an E2D by hand with no tools. My hands were quite sore the next day though, was still worth it, no tool marks at all!

Just want some clarification. You pulled a Tad Gear TIC off of your SF L4 with your hands and it didn't scratch? I want to take the TIC off of my E2L, but 2 of the screws are stripped. I thought about yanking it off, but I'm worried about fugly scratches all over it.