Cree Q3 source 4-6 weeks - west coast USA only

blahblahblah

Enlightened
I was considering doing a GB, but decided against it. Instead, I want to just pass along the info I got. I spoke with Anna at ETG Inc. She qouted $8.35 per emitter with a 4-6 week lead time (confirmed by her boss, Bernard). The quantity we discussed was for 1000 units, but she mentioned being able to sell at smaller amounts (price was not discussed). The company is only allowed to sell on the west coast due to regional restrictions as a Cree distributor.

Here's the company's contact info:
ETG INC

310-202-6400

www.etgtech.com

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I spoke with her also about Q bin emitters. Another distributor (Arrow) could probably get better pricing for 1000pcs.

blahblahblah

Enlightened
davidefromitaly said:
i doubt they will get the Q3 bin. but if they can, 1000 pieces isn't a problem

They are not currently available, as the original post stated "4-6 weeks". However... If you go to Cree's website and look for the distributor for the west side of the USA, look who's info pops up. I think they do have some contact with Cree. :shrug:

davidefromitaly

Enlightened
blahblahblah said:
They are not currently available, as the original post stated "4-6 weeks". However... If you go to Cree's website and look for the distributor for the west side of the USA, look who's info pops up. I think they do have some contact with Cree. :shrug:

yeah i see, what i mean is:i doubt they will be available in 4-6 weeks, i think will pass more than 2-3 months.

for what i know, when cree will be able to do a Q3, this bin will be available for all the dealers worldwide, i don't belive in who say "the first reel is for me and then will pass a lot of time before another will be available".

maybe that cree just have some Q3 samples, but they aren't for sale but for tests, they will sell only a Q3 will be a standard production, not an exception.

when the Q3 will be available, only the price will be the discriminant, and your price is very good (also if i hope it would be lower of course) so reach 1000 pieces will not be a problem

Tritium

Enlightened
blahblahblah said:
I was considering doing a GB, but decided against it. Instead, I want to just pass along the info I got. I spoke with Anna at ETG Inc. She qouted $8.35 per emitter with a 4-6 week lead time (confirmed by her boss, Bernard). The quantity we discussed was for 1000 units, but she mentioned being able to sell at smaller amounts (price was not discussed). The company is only allowed to sell on the west coast due to regional restrictions as a Cree distributor.

Here's the company's contact info:
ETG INC

310-202-6400

www.etgtech.comhttp://www.etgtech.com/http://www.etgtech.com/http://www.etgtech.com/

ETG's minimum order is $100 and they cover the ENTIRE Western US all the way back to Texas cause I buy from Anna and that price is no better than I was quoted on a order of only 15 parts.

Thurmond

blahblahblah

Enlightened
Tritium said:
ETG's minimum order is $100 and they cover the ENTIRE Western US all the way back to Texas cause I buy from Anna and that price is no better than I was quoted on a order of only 15 parts.

Thurmond

One of the reasons I chose not to do a GB is... I'm in CA as is ETG. They would have to charge me 8% +/- tax, whereas you would not, being in TX. That 8% would be a GB deal killer once you add on paypal fees and shipping as well.

With your info about $100 min and same pricing... I'm glad I didn't start a GB!

Tritium

Enlightened
blahblahblah said:
One of the reasons I chose not to do a GB is... I'm in CA as is ETG. They would have to charge me 8% +/- tax, whereas you would not, being in TX. That 8% would be a GB deal killer once you add on paypal fees and shipping as well.

With your info about $100 min and same pricing... I'm glad I didn't start a GB!

TAXES :rant:

Thurmond