Your collection: few high quality lights or lots of cheaper lights (Dorcy, etc)

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
See my sig-line.

Apart from the Fenix's & Huntlight I believe that my small collection consists of fairly high quality lights (IMO).

CFU

NAW

Enlightened
As you can see I don't have a good selection of EDC lights. I'm more of a HID enthusiast. :grin2:

DSCN5480.jpg

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
Depends what you consider cheap. Most people think I am a nut for spending $20 on a flashlight. Most of my lights are under $50. My collection seems to be growing towards lights that use common batteries. I have a few expensive Surefires. I asked for a $300 flashlight for Christmas and wife laughed at me. Oh well, so much for bringing my collection to the next level.

cutlerylover

Banned
I am in the same boat...I have a few cheaper lights, 1 reason being I just started collecting and regularly using flashlights and the other reason is simple...low budget...If I ahd the money to buy $300 flashlights I would, but I just don't so I am happy with whatever I can afford...

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
All less than $40, except for one. I don't expect to change my buying pattern, but might treat myself occasionally (as in Cree).

Geoff

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Heres most (About 75%) of my collection. I would say I have a moderate amount of decent lights.

EDC004.jpg

EDC005.jpg

EDC006.jpg

I am a real organized guy, my fiancee loves my closet. :laughing:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
My collection is similar to Porcupine's, a few high end lights biased towards Surefires. This is what I got; L2, E1e, E2O, E2D, 9P, KL3+A19+6P, G2+BOG 3W LED, Arc AAA-P (3), Arc LSH-S, Arc AA, HDS B42 XRGT, Minimag w/Opalec Module, Pelican Super Sabre, and various Tikka headlights (3).

I've also got a backordered KT2 turbohead. I've been waiting 2 months for the turbohead. I've already have 2 spare MN15 LAs, SC2, and beamshaper.

kelmo

alanagnostic

Enlightened
My collection consists of 2 phases: pre- and post-CPF. Pre collection was only Maglights (AA minimags and D cell). My post-CPF collection is only high-quality lights. Now I mostly have Surefires, a few HDS's and a McGizmo on the way. No way I'm going to buy more Maglights. In fact the lights I'm purchasing are pushing the high end of quality. Which lights are higher quality than McGizmo's?:grin2:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
cyberspyder said:
PSM, what is the light with the Detonator extender on it?

Brendan

That is a 6P with the extender running 2x 18550 pushing a ArcMania XX1T tower module in a rare, super rare, Mirrored T3 SF Turbohead. It has HID like throw.

T3002.jpg

Ashootout016.jpg

cy

Flashaholic
would like to clarify high quality lights doesn't have to be expensive. granted most high quality lights are pretty pricey.

for example ARC AAA can be found for aprox. $25. that's as good as it gets for a single AAA led light.

someone posted a surefire G2, which at $35 uses a surefire P60 bulb. so beam is equal to 6P or M2.

infinity ultra G originally sold for $15, but still can be found for $25-$30. for a survival light, ultra G is still among world's best.

lots more examples...

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
My collection has changed over the last couple of years. Thanks to ebay and b/s/t/ I have sold some really good likes like my sf M3 that I just did not fall in love with for one reason or another. I have also given some decent lights away.

My goal is to have 4 or 5 lights that meet all of my needs. I do not know if I will ever get down to that, but I will keep buying and selling them until I get close.

As to the expensive part, one of my favorite lights has been a inova xo from target. It was also one of my cheapest.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
My actual collection is a large number of vintage lights. I got them cheap, not sure what they're all worth.

My "user" collection is a small number of midrange lights. Upgraded Magcharger, Streamlight Scorpion, SF E1, etc.

Last edited:

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hum..

My Sigline will have to do until i get them all in one photo.

I`ll post here as a reminder.

Keep em commin,very nice lights guys and gals :whistle:

Benny

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a quick note: I love seeing those members who have a vast collection of beautiful expensive lights. Lights like McGizmo's mods or Maxabeams and so forth. It lets me know there are people who are more passionate about this hobby (obsession) than I am, plus its cool to see lights I have never even heard of.

Plus I can show my friends that there are even greater nutters running arround than me! (even if I am secretly supremely jealous of there incredible collections) So please keep posting them.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both, I'd say (my sigline). That light w/ the Detonator in PSM's collection appears to be a 6P or variant with a black detonator and SRTH turbo head, 3" diameter? NIIIICCCEEE ;)