Blackhawk night-ops gladius

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll get no help from me - I paid $190 for mine from strategosintl.com, and I consider it a bargain! With Surefire's FM34, it's by far my favorite light.

draver

Newly Enlightened
I posted a question to the seller, LA Police Gear, in another thread a few days ago and they still have not replied.

" Re: Tempting deal on a Gladius.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPoliceGear
HI,

We had to get special permission to offer this sale price... it will only run for about a week (unless manufacturer tells us to end it early due to politics...). These are new lights and the black ones are in stock. OD and Coyote have no ETA. I am not sure if they are still making those other colors.

LA Police Gear

Please advise us if the holsters are also in stock and ready to ship with the light."

I'd ask if they can ship both items before placing an order if I were you.

iholla

Newly Enlightened
I emailed the guys and got a response within an hour!! They cant live on the forums like us but do check there email very well:grin2:

sizzlechest

Enlightened
I'm hoping if I hold off long enough I'll miss this deal than.......

If you notice they have an incredible deal on the Surefire E2W- I broke down and ordered one of those already!

I gotta be strong, I gotta be strong........

Last edited:

iholla

Newly Enlightened
I Just emailed them 20 minutes ago and got a response back on the Holsters.

"Steve,
We do have the holster in stock and they get shipped with the flashlights. Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.
Thank you,
Kerry

gorn

Enlightened
My only dealing with LA Police gear was when I bought the Gladius w/holster for $129.00 a few months ago. The deal went smoother than I thought it would. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again. My nephew just ordered a galdius with the current deal.

I think the gladius is my favorite light. I just wish it had been available before I retired from law enforcement. The holster that comes with the light is great also. I don't really have a use for it now, but back in my working days it would have been very handy.

I don't think you can go wrong with the galdius.

T.Rexford

Newly Enlightened
I just received a gladius from LApolicegear about an hour ago.

First off they were excellent to deal with and shipping was fast! I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to do more business with their company.

As far as the gladius goes, (first impressions) so far I really like it. Being a surefire guy my whole life this is my first non-sf branded light I've owned and I'm impressed. The tailcap and mode functions are fairly easy and I feel that one handed dimming operation is crucial. Also the tailcap is able to be manipulated between modes with one hand using your thumb. Excellent!

Its still bright outside so I can't speak for the beam and being lazy I do not want to go and try and close all curtains but doubt I will be disappointed.

draver

Newly Enlightened
iholla said:
I Just emailed them 20 minutes ago and got a response back on the Holsters.

"Steve,
We do have the holster in stock and they get shipped with the flashlights. Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.
Thank you,
Kerry

Wish I'd thought of that instead of posting here.

I just called in an order to Nicole in Sales, and she confirmed that they have black in stock inc. the holster.

Last edited:

darb505

Newly Enlightened
I have a Gladius and I'm glad I bought it. I find the variable light level EXTREMELY useful for work, and the strobe helps to catch motorists' attention as well.

iholla

Newly Enlightened
Does the light have a nice beam as to when Im looking for a house number up on the side of a house from the road, I will be able to see it?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
iholla said:
Does the light have a nice beam as to when Im looking for a house number up on the side of a house from the road, I will be able to see it?
You'll be more than fine. Mine throws a nice, tight spot that's easily visible on a semi-lit building about 250 feet away. It has more than enough power to light up addresses from a road.

Just make sure it's not set to strobe, though! :laughing:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The throw is pretty similar, but the Gladius makes a larger hotspot, so you get significantly more light. The ProPoly is rated at 40 lumens while the Gladius is rated at 80.