What's PK doing to his web site?

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
What\'s PK doing to his web site?

It states Sorry guys, no more SF pix. :-( thanks for visiting, I'll let you know how this website will be utilized soon. on the site.
shocked.gif
confused.gif

I wonder what he's doing?

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What\'s PK doing to his web site?

What the H E double hockey sticks is going on over there at SF first the DB board now PK's site.
confused.gif

Walt

Newly Enlightened

Sure hope SureFire regains even a portion of what the SFDB used to be.

Walt

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmm...at the beginning of this year there was the price "increase," then more recently Ken Good and staff left SF. The SFDB is in flux, and now PK's site will no longer offer SF sneak peeks? What's next?!?

WillnTex

Newly Enlightened

I assume it had something to do with the AR15 forums

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm sorry but that's a very cool & funny edited pic. I can't stop laughing!! Imagine a special forces personel whipping that thing out!
shocked.gif
I remember someone modding a pic of PK so instead of holding the beast he was holding a mag lite & everything in the room was changed to mag lite.
grin.gif
I wish I could find that pic.

Anyway, I don't really see that pic as being distasteful but I don't really care for what they said at the AR15 forums. I mean, if you don't like a product, don't buy it. It's not like anyone needs an expensive AR15 any more than an expensive flashlight or accessory.
rolleyes.gif

Glow Bug

Enlightened

I did the Mag Light picture. I showed it to PK first and asked him if it was ok to display it. I wouldn't have done so otherwise. It wasn't the picture that bothered me. Everyone likes to have fun. I'm sure PK probably didn't mind that. The comments were very distasteful in my opinion. There are ways to have fun without attacking someone personally.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast

simply crazy what the guys on AR 15 did. I can't a imagine that PK would get so upset over one pic that he would take down his site over it do you? I mean i just don't think that he is that thin skinned. I personally, like many have great respect for the man and his professional accomplishments.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast

No I don't think it was just the pic, or the pic at all really. I too thought the pic was funny, it seems PK has a great sense of humor, and I have nothing but respect for this great man. I'm sure the SFDB going away and PK's site getting cleaned is more than a coincidence. I guess Surefire is going through some changes/growing pains and restructuring things.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

Man, I miss PK's site. All the very coolest goodies were on there...

The thread on AR15.com is just sad. I hope I never get that tactical.......

Kenshiro

Enlightened

Actually guys,

It is NOTHING like what you're thinking.
NOT AR15.com, not the funny pictures, none of that.

And rest assured the situation is not part of any "domino effect" or something.

It's actually VERY simple.
It was simply a personal thing that PK did.
PK just said he wanted to do something different and refreshing, and he just deleted everything.
No kidding.
It was a spontaneous thing.

He's still thinking about what he wants to do next on his web site.

Let's all wait and see what he has in store for us!

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!

revolvergeek, I totally agree. When reading through that thread, I came to the realization that the caliber (NPI) of the members who decided to post to that thread seem full of jeers and I sensed a mocking tone to it all. I thank GOD that that doesn't happen here.(at least not regularly). This is just another reminder to myself, and I'm sure others will agree, that the level of knowledge, courtesy and compassion is exceptional on this BB. We have great discussions, fun (not at others expense), and a very minimal level of flame wars. (I haven't noticed any). I just couldn't believe that everyone was jumping on the bandwagon of mockery over on that site.

Sorry for the wordy reply, but the content of that thread is just revolting.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast

You see guys this is my first BB experience and I thought that All Bb's were this way... I should have known better... Mike