How man NiMh on a 6d Krypton

FredM

Enlightened
Will a 6D kryton bulb take 7 AA cells on an otherwise stocker 2d mag?

What about 8? Instaflash?

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
6AA lithium, 7AA alkaline or 8AA NiMH seem to offer a decent compromise of lifespan, runtime, and brightness with most 6D bulbs, with the added advantage of being able to use the stock Mag reflector and lens. Some people even push their luck by using a 5-cell bulb, but whether it lives depends entirely on the particular bulb and how much resistance there is in the light/battery holder (there's not much difference in voltage drop <0.85A so most batteries behave the same). I usually manage to instaflash Mag-Num Star 6D xenons on such a setup, but most kryptons seem to do quite well.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you in an area that is somewhat remote from urban environments? You should be able to find KPR118 (or Mag White-Star 6 cell) bulbs in various electrical/electronic/hardware stores in most urban areas in the U.S. I think you'll probably end up incurring higher costs in ordering bulbs by mail-order.

FredM said:
Can anyone point me to a place to get good supply of the 6D bulbs online?

LTXC^3

Newly Enlightened
Hi Fred
FredM said:
Can anyone point me to a place to get good supply of the 6D bulbs online?
I have always had positive results with Brightguy.com. In addition to the whitestar krypton and magnumstar xenon lamps, they also stock the 11w and 24w PR base Pelican bulb combo packs, in both 6v and 7.2v.

Good luck
Alec

Last edited: