Best $100 Flashlight?

EnterTheSwamp

Newly Enlightened
I want to buy my father a good flashlight for christmas, and I wanted your advice as to what the best flashlight for around $100 is? I would like something relatively small, but bigger than say a Fenix P1. He wont be using it for any specific purpose, just something nice to have around the house. He loves to grab a flashlight, no matter how small the project. Thanks for your help.

Oh ya, if you could point me to some good online stores, that would be great as well.

Norm

Retired Administrator
You might look at some of the Lumapower threads they seem to be making some interesting lights at good prices.
Welcome to CPF :).
Norm

strat1080

Newly Enlightened
A Surefire E2L or L1 Lumamax with the discount at opticshq.com should be a pretty darn good flashlight for around $100. Another light that is an excellent bargain is the Streamlight TL2-LED. They go for $49 at Sportsmans Warehouse and for about $10-15 at most other places online. It basically performs identically to the Surefire E2L Outdoorsman but is slightly larger. Its about the same size as a Surefire G2 nonetheless.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wioan has a spyder light for $29 shipped,it has a cr123 body,2AA extension and a led and incandesent bulb.Very nice kit in a nice box.
Look in the dealer section of the forums.

gdhumphreys

Newly Enlightened
Hi, and welcome to CPF.

For your father, I suggest the JetBeam-I MKII with the standard signle AA tube. It is small (yet bigger than the P1 you mentioned) and has normal, low, high, and strobe modes. It is turned on and off with a tail clickie, and you can switch modes with a "soft touch" of the tail clickie. Also, down the road you could purchase a 1AA tube extension for a physically larger light with longer runtimes, and you could purchase a CR123 tube for a smaller light, if so desired. You can find a review of this light here:

I purchased mine at Pacific Tacticul Solutions, and I thought there service was very good.

Good luck,

Greg

Cribbage

Newly Enlightened
Why does it have to be an LED?

Incans are still the best all-around source, IMO, for someone who needs serious light, but is not "into" flashlights (yet :naughty: ).

My vote? The reference standard for all serious flashlights; the Surefire E2e.

Cribbage