Rechargable LED Options...

matthewdanger

Enlightened
I am on the lookout for a new truck light. I would prefer it to be a rechargable LED that I can plug into the cigarette lighter.

I am currently using an SL-20X with dimmer switch and SL-35 bulb. It gets the job done and I probabl don't need a new light, but I have never really needed a reason to buy a new light. :)

I have seen a drop in LED for the SL-20X. Does anyone have any experience with it? Will it work well with the Streamlight dimmer switch?

What other options are out there? All I can think of off the top of my head is the Inova T4.

Thanks!
Matt

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an Inova T4 and it is a great light.

Maybe you could look at the new Streamlight Stinger LED.

lightUup

Newly Enlightened
JAS said:
I have an Inova T4 and it is a great light.

Maybe you could look at the new Streamlight Stinger LED.
x2 on the Inova T4! IMO, there's no better rechargeable flashlight than the Inova T4! 100 lumens of output and 2-hour runtime.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry the SL20X LED upgrade but haven't thrown one into a light yet so I can't give you a review.

We also carry the Inova T4's and I have to third the recommendation - you just can't go wrong with it. It's what lives at my house.

There's other choices; the LEDWAVE XR-66 Armada is about the same price and has high/low ouput. The Surefire L7 is pretty sweet if you want to treat yourself. All of them include both AC and DC adapters. There's also a hardwire kit for the T4 if you're motivated to hardwire it.

Coupon code cpf2006 will save you another 5% off of our already low prices on all of those items. :)

lightUup - Surely you mean no better LED than a T4 right? I love my T4 but my AE PL24W Shorty HID is rechargeable too and well...1300+ lumens, need I say more? :)

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello matthewdanger:)

You can take a LiIon-charger with 12V adaptor. So you will have a bigger choice for your new light.
Another advantage: 1 full LiIon in the light and 1 spare in the charger = always light when you'll need it and less self-discharge (against to NiCad) at cold temperatures.

Best regards

____
Tom

matthewdanger

Enlightened
Thanks everyone. It looks like the T4 is the way to go. I am however pretty tempted to order the SL-20X LED conversion just to try it out. I am dying to know if it will work with the dimmer switch.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Matt,

I would just like to point out that the L7 with one of my B90 NiMh replacement battery packs is getting 2.5 hours of regulated light, followed by another 2.5 hours of dimming light. Not bad for run time...

Tom