Wondering where the older members are?

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been doing a show for an internet company all week in Chicago and they have a wireless connection set up. So I have been spending a lot of time on the net this week and have been reading a lot of old post. Well in doing so I have learned a lot about some of the older members whose names I recognize, but the are many many more names that I do not recognize. So I was wondering if they are still around and just have nothing to say or if they have left? Also is there anyway to tell if they still come around? Do memberships ever expire , or can you cancel them?

Darell

Flashaholic
I'm still around.
smile.gif

And by today's membership numbers I seem like an old member...

Saaby

Flashaholic
I'm hardly "older" but maybe some day when CPF is celebrating it's 50th anniversary (Lets see, that'd make me...retired) I'll be one of the older members

Not to offend any of the members around here with more wisdom than I.

OH! You meant people that have been here from the beginning...well, uhhh, ok.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by darell:
I'm still around.
smile.gif

And by today's membership numbers I seem like an old member...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That is what I am saying there are only a hand full of member still hanging around under 500.
confused.gif

Brock

Flashaholic
I am still here, not as much as I used to be that's for sure. This job thing really gets in the way a lot (especially with the promotion), well that and a new baby, he doesn't let me sit at the computer as much as I used to, actually he doesn't let me sit anywhere much. Darell how do you do it with your daughter? As time goes on does it get better, I mean, you know what I mean.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
jivat,

I'm #333 and I'm still around. Oh, I lurk quite a bit and then every once in a while jump in with a quick jab and then retreat to lurking again.

Sometimes, I might even dwell longer and write a missive before returning to my cave.

Luff

Enlightened
Slowing turning into a fossil.

Not that I've ever posted all that much, but I lurk here 2 or 3 times a day ... just to keep up with what's going on.

Seems that less and less do I have anything to contribute and more and more demands on my time.

What's always amazed me is how few CPF members are active at any one time, while over the course of several months, the number adds up.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of us are conversationalists but you will occasionally hear from some of the older members when they have something relevent to the flashlight world to say.

Darell

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Brock:
Darell how do you do it with your daughter? As time goes on does it get better, I mean, you know what I mean.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey Brock -

Oh good. I thought you'd never ask. Here's how I do it:

kyracomp1.jpg

kyracomp2.jpg

Kyra has known computers from the beginning of her existance. She often sits next to me at the laptop, as shown here. In fact, some of my best posts were written by her.

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
If I was to keep on posting suggestions and pointing out different directions for the "next generation" of modders they would never have any original thoughts, so I lurk....
tongue.gif

good luck Wayne, ever thought of the old copper pipe flashlight for the 5 watter?
wink.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darell! Your post really cracked me up
smile.gif
I just knew there was a high intellegance behind some of those post...now it all makes sense.

Ken

Darell

Flashaholic
Just as soon as she shows any valid interest. Being able to speak in whole sentences will be good too.

She already pushes all the buttons. Every time I turn the radio on, I have get out the manual to reset everything
frown.gif

KE6IYV & KE6IYW

Greta

Flashaholic
Darell,

Your "space" there is disgustingly NEAT! You're one of those really neurotic neat freaks, aren't you?
icon15.gif