Legend LX with bad switch

patg

Newly Enlightened
My LX's tailcap switch has been misbehaving recently.

At first, I thought one of my kids (they love that light!) had left in on overnight since it had a melted lens and dead batteries. Since then, I've had it either stay full-on or glow dimly after I clicked it off. Tapping the back end finally opens the switch's contacts.

Anyone else seen this problem? Anybody know the solution for it (besides a SF)?

Pat

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patg:
My LX's tailcap switch has been misbehaving recently.

At first, I thought one of my kids (they love that light!) had left in on overnight since it had a melted lens and dead batteries. Since then, I've had it either stay full-on or glow dimly after I clicked it off. Tapping the back end finally opens the switch's contacts.

Anyone else seen this problem? Anybody know the solution for it (besides a SF)?

Pat
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Contact Brinkmann, they will fix or replace the switch at no charge.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

uh oh, I didn't want to spoil all the Brinkman fun, but...since you broached the subject ...I few (over 12) years ago I owned a couple of Brinkman lights, a 2 aa, and a 2 aaa (I think it was) ...after a while the vinyl or rubber grip cracked and fell off, and those back-end push-button switches on eventually broke, both of them...I didn't mention it earlier because I thought they might have fixed the prob by now..
Should I have chirped up sooner...?

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pat,
on my LX, there is a long spring sticking out of the tailcap, with 4 short plastic tags to guide it. One of them broke off almost straightaway.
Could it be that the tags have broken on yours, so allowing the spring to bend too much, maybe shorting out the circuit sometimes ?

Anyway, I'm sure that Brinkmann will send you a replacement - will you please keep us informed, I'm curious as to how they will deal with it.

lightlover
smile.gif

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
I found out early when I did my Luxeon and LED mods in the Brinkmanns that all the tailcap switches showed excessive corrosion early on so when I do my mods ALL tailcap switches are opened up and I use a daub of Radio Shack Teflon Lube,its a clear non-toxic non running tpe of lubricant,very water resistant, it stopped that problem in its tracks.

patg

Newly Enlightened
Let the Customer Service TEST begin!

I've emailed Brinkmann's Cust Service dept describing the problem and even told them what I'd like them to do. The Problem and the Solution should be clear enough for even the greenest CS rep. Time to wait and see.

If I get no resolution inside 2 weeks then I'm going to try the teflon lube (thanks, Daniel Ramsey!)

Ligthlover, the white nylon-looking insulator that surrounds the spring on 4 sides extends past the brass piece about .025" and I think this is unchanged.

Pat