Something worse then staring into the beam of a flashlight!

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's called a Flurorescein Angiogram and I had one today. They dilate your eyes until the pupils are as big around as saucers (forget focusing close for the next several hours). They then inject dye in your arm where it travels to your eyes where it makes the retina and the veins stand out in a florescent manner hence the name. You then rest your chin on a stand where a special camera is put right up to your eye where they take several pictures of each eye. The thing is, the flash is so bright that when they were done, I just saw a pink haze for the next several minutes. Stupidly staring into my Trek 7 to see how bright it was, was a piece of cake compared to this.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
You probably won't want to shine a violet or UV LED at the toilet for the next few days either.
blush.gif

Fluorescein dye is used in pulse lasers, BTW.

Albany Tom

Enlightened
Isn't that the same stuff they make dye markers for life raft kits with?

Geepondy - do you glow in the dark now?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Albany Tom:

Geepondy - do you glow in the dark now?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No, but Craig's comment's about the toilet bowl were true. Wish I had a black light to shine in there.

Starlight

Enlightened
Back when I went through Navy flight training, they did a nuclear flash simulation to see how long it took your eyes to recover. I don't know what they used for a light source, but after the flash, I couldn't read the instruments for about a minute and a half. Nothing but total white vision. You people who hate the dark would have loved it.