Votes: 6 27.3%
  • just get HDS

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

myaccountwaslocked

Newly Enlightened
Buying a few gifts and trying to decide between between the P1 and the P1d.

These are for non flashaholics.

The P1d is only 10$ more, which should I get?

Will the P1D run on 3.7volt R123 batteries like the P1?

Why is the runtime for the P1 twice as long as the P1D on max? Is it just because of the 15 lumen difference?

For either should I get the 3.7 protected AW 750 or the AW 3 volt protected cells?

Hows the P1d interface in usage? Is it solid or is the P1 with standard twisty more reliable?

A $50 multilevel light at 70 lumens, is this too good to be true?

Should I get the P1 or the P1d?

Thanks in advance.

:dedhorse:

Poll and thread closed pending reply of thread originator.

Last edited by a moderator:

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well anything that HDS produces is going to cost at least 3 times the price of a Fenix P1D Cree, and will most likely be similar in performance, and will be much less if they are still planning on uses a Lux instead of a Cree. You will be paying for "quality", which is what everyone who buys one that needs to justify their purchase will say.

If I were you I would get a P1D or the P1D Cree model. The standard P1 is less bright than the P1D and has only 1 stage. The $10 more that the P1D has is easily worth it.
You could also check out the new Cree light from Lumapower. It is looking to be quite the little powerhouse as well and is less than $60 too!

LowTEC

Enlightened
The regular P1 would be more than enough lumen for an average person or any non-flashaholic. They would be totally impressed if the last flash light they had was something like a minimag. P1D might just be too complicated for some one who rarely use a flashlight. my 2 lumens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts