Should I buy a L1T or is there something better?

joshivic

Newly Enlightened
Should I buy a L1T or is there something better? I want to stick to single AA, I am not going to bother with recharging batteries, I get free batteries from work but still I rather not have 1 hour run times either.

thank you

Vic

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going through the same quandry.

I already have an L1P and a L1S so I don't know if I can justify an L1T. Any thoughts?

Be Lucky...

PAB

Enlightened
I may not know where I am, but I'm not lost
I can't think of a better 1AA light right now... but in a few months there will be better ones. Count on it. I bet by Feburary you are looking at Fenix L1C with the cree XR-E. Double the brightness, same run time. Unless SSC or Nichia has their new and slightly better LEDs out by then.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
who has the "P" model, search for "fenix head mod" to make it even better (= same function as the "T"),

without using a 14500 Li-Ion there is pretty no difference between these 3 models

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an L1P and I'm still very happy with it. The L1T tends to have a green tint which I didn't like.

Currently I'm waiting on Fenix to come out with either an L1T Cree, or an L1D Cree (digital model). Now that I understand how the reverse clicky would make an excellent step switch for a multi-mode control, I'm favoring an L1D design. :)

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
LowBat said:
The L1T tends to have a green tint which I didn't like.

From my experience, that is no longer an issue. I've had several L1Ts and L2Ts, and though the "early" ones were greenies, they now appear to all have good white tints. According to 7777, Fenix is now more selective with tint bins on these models, where the LxS series is more of a gamble.

joshivic

Newly Enlightened
yeah do I really need a modified L1P is the question, I currently have poly 4AA and it is driving me insane, this piece of crap flickers on/off. I don't like the size of this light either, I am going to shoot it once I get another light.

joshivic

Newly Enlightened
Also is there a better light then L1P that is the same dimension but takes AAA cells as I get these free from work also. I want the same dimension length wise.

LowTEC

Enlightened
The L0D is one of the brightest AAA you can get

For AA application you may also check out LightFlux LF1, JetBeam Jet1, they are both brighter than L1P if that's what you are looking for. LF1 you get both single and double AA tube. Check out flashlightreviews for more information

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your SL Poly has a no excuse lifetime warranty. Just mail it to Streamlight and they'll replace it.

For the Fenix line, yes they have an AAA version too as mentioned by LowTEC. If you wait say a month or two I bet the new double brightness cree LED will come standard in them. The other option is to buy the cree modified L1P from fenix-store.com. I'm thinking of cree modding my L1P too, but I'll still get the factory fenix version when it comes out.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't Fenix have a lifetime warranty as well. I think the only difference is that Fenix will only charge you for transportation, parts and labor, everything else would be covered under their "warranty"

LowBat said:
Your SL Poly has a no excuse lifetime warranty. Just mail it to Streamlight and they'll replace it.

For the Fenix line,

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of CPF'ers think the low on the L1T is not low enough but I personally like it. It's bright enough for everyday tasks that I barely use the high setting. On a regular alkaline, it runs about 6.5 to 7 hours based on Chevrofreak's excellent work. (I think Fenix claims 10 hours). Take a look at his thread.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/119230&highlight=L1T+runtimes

I agree with others that Fenix will be introducing a Cree AA light sooner rather than later so waiting a might be worth it.

heliyardsale

Newly Enlightened
joshivic said:
Should I buy a L1T or is there something better? I want to stick to single AA, I am not going to bother with recharging batteries, I get free batteries from work but still I rather not have 1 hour run times either.

thank you

Vic

BUY IT!! I love mine... Great little light.....:grin2:

LowTEC

Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
Doesn't Fenix have a lifetime warranty as well. I think the only difference is that Fenix will only charge you for transportation, parts and labor, everything else would be covered under their "warranty"

:lolsign: If what you stated is true, what do they actually cover then? :crackup:

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't get it, you're willing to spend $40 on one of these lights but not willing to get some good NiMH batteries and a charger? If you get batteries free, just carry an extra one or two in your pocket, geez. I have the Fenix L2T and have it running off of a set of 2600mAh NiMHs and it works great--bright and steady output. But if it's a 1AA light you want and don't want to spend alot, the Ultrafire WF-602A1 is a good Fenix L1-type clone. I have one of those too and feel that it's really bright and good build quality.

You can get one here:

http://www.qualitychinagoods.com/ultrafirereg-wf602a11-1x36v-rechargeable-p-507.html

For the money (less than half of an L1P/S/T), I don't think you could go wrong with the Ultrafire...

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighteyez said:

That's FUNNY!

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighteyez said:

Labour is actually free.:)
But yeah, it's a stupid warranty.

x2x3x2

Banned
Theres the Lumapower LM301 which has a more usable "low" mode in my opinion. In almost total darkness, the "low" mode on the LM301 isn't too bright and i dont have to squint my eyes. The L1T is a little bright for me.

Also it does 1st click "low" -> 2nd click "high" instead of turning the bezel in case u prefer clicking. Orange peel reflector, gold plated contacts.
Lastly, it's $20 shipped.

Last edited:

joshivic

Newly Enlightened
I bought the L2T, I can't stand charging batteries, can't be bothered by this. I get free batteries from work so I am good. Hopefully it is bright, still haven't used it in dark.