anybody have the stinger led

snapper

Newly Enlightened
How do ya like it? How do adjust the brightnes level? Is it built into the on/off switch like the twin task series? Hows the beam compare? To say a jr luxeon or a surefire e2l? I am interested in this one, but cant find much on it.. So anybody have it??

later!! chris

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
it's not bad. I may sell mine for my Stinger as really, I have too many LED's and not enough Incadens..

It's a nice long running LED that won't burn down the barn but offers free lumens and nice light. Beam quality could be better but not a problem outside

snapper

Newly Enlightened
Anybody else out there? I really want to know more about this light. Especially how do you switch between light levels? Is it made into the main switch or what? And how does it compare to the above mentioned lights? then i ran across the Inova T4, how does it stack up to the stinger??

Later chris

Sig229

Newly Enlightened
I have one and have been very pleased with it. It's become my primary work light at the steel mill. Hopefully it'll still work it I drop it off a 80ft. crane, unlike the stinger it replaced.

The switching for the light is unique. It's all done in the one switch.
Push once =high
Push and hold it will cycle through the three different power levels(about one level per second)
In any brightness push once it will turn off
press the switch completely twice quickly and it will go into strobe mode.

The strobe mode is a quick pulsing strobe, I've found it very useful when using with a traffic cone.

Speaking of that, it has the same bezel diameter as the regular stinger, so lens covers, gels, and traffic cones all work with it.
It seems to be a well built light, my only complaint to this point is the switch is VERY stiff. It seems to have loosened up a little in the 3 weeks or so that I've had it.

Sorry if I'm jumpingt around topics here but it's late and I've had a few beers, another neat feature of this light is the tail cap. Because there is no spare bulb, they drilled two holes in the tail cap so you could hook on a keychain, or lanyard. It tail stands very well.

Bill

dcowboyscr

Newly Enlightened
Greenwood(Indianapolis), Indiana & Orlando, Florid
I have one also. I like it more than my Inova T4. The Stinger led seems to throw much farther to me and is the first led light that has a beam with enough output AND throw to satisfy me. Not even my $300 U2 could do that! One thing I will say about the Inova however is GREAT finish compared to the Streamlight. I wish Streamlight would offer a HA version.