newbie :-)

Diman

Newly Enlightened
I found this site through a video on youtube d*mn this is fascinating stuff.

I want to learn this stuff and this will be my first post:
I've ordered a couple of Osram HLX 64623 which i then want to build in an old MagLite 6D body with some mods to the switch and reflector.
I'm not asking for technical assistance (wrong forum - will ask for it in mods forum) but i just want to introduce myself and tell you that i'm a total noob so don't laugh at my stupid questions :) (crappy english too - i'm from Sweden)
:)

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF!

I don't know much to do with mods but if you ever have any questions on commercial lights I'll probably pop in on your thread. Usually the saying goes, watch your wallet and buy both!

Diman

Newly Enlightened
Lol thanks for the warm welcome :)
I'm a kind of handyman and i like to build my own solutions. Nothing is more satisfying than making some tricky project work.
Anyways I looked around and commercial flashlights scared me with the amount of cash you have to separate with in the process of purchasing *:drool:
Surefire's The Beast - i mean Damn !!! 4800 $ it's like 45000 swedish kronor.. two of my monthly salaries !!!! but still only 2000 lumens compares to some custom lights i've seen around (Mac's Customs Firestarter - 4000 lumens!!!! )
Now that's the Stuff with a capital S !!

DoubleDutch

Enlightened
The Netherlands - one foot below sea level
Diman,

Welcome to CPF! It is full of slightly odd but helpful people.
As to the prices of commercial flashlights: there's a lot you can do for the price range that is 10% or even 1% of that of The Beast. Let alone the battery cost per minute (or should I say second?).

It seems you are modding material (which I'm absolutely not).
So have a good time here at CPF; there's a lot of experts here, and I think there already was mention of holding on to your wallet etc.?

Kees

Jaygnar

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to the forums. I just joined but this is a great place. The people are helpful and nice. And there is a LOAD of info available on just about anything flashlight related here.

cutlerylover

Banned
well there are a,ot fio surefire fans here, but I think many of us agree that even thought the beast looks awesome the rpice is just too high...fro what it is anyway and it runs on 20 Cr123s...WOW not only does it cost alot but it costs alot to run the thing too...Hopw does everyone else feel about the beast? I would love to own one but I would never spedn that much money ona alfashlight, I don't think I wouod ever spend more than $200 on a light, and thats if I can even find $200 fo a flashlight...lol

Diman

Newly Enlightened
All said:
Welcome...

Thank you thank you

dammitjim said:
Link to video?

it's Mac's customs firestarter video..
search the forum and you will find it.
Awesome power !!
I'm building something like this right now.. but i dont think i will
succeed as well as Mac did