Fenix LOP SE and 3.6V Lithium Rechargeables (10440)

Turbo_E

Enlightened
Well on a whim I ordered a pair of Ultrafire 3.6V Litium Batteries for my LOP SE. I already had a Ultrafire 602A light running (and died) on Lithim 3.6V AA's. so i had batteries and a charger that weren't being really used.

Today I recieved my Lithium AAA's from Quality China Goods. When they arrived I measured the voltage to be 3.8V

I decided to give em a try...WOW is this thing bright! I put my original 1.2V AAA back in and let it run on high for a minute, the temp was around 31 deg C.

with the Lithium, the temp rocketed up to 50 deg C and was still climbing! I decided to stop there for fear of killing my baby.

when the LOP SE is run on low(est) however, the temp stabilizes at about 31 deg C

Note: the batteries claim to have 4.2V fresh off the charger and down to 2.75v when drained. Probably let them rest a day or two before popping them into your $$$ light, or atleast give em a once over with a volt meter.

the batteries (2) were about $10 Shipped IIRC and came in a bubble envelope with a big soft piece of foam surrounding them.

no pictures, but subjectively the light appears to be 2X brighter.

WARNING: using these batteries can potentially KILL your LOP. try at your own risk.

BTW i am looking for a nice white tinted 1W lux emitter to fix my old 602A. Anyone got one they care to part with? PM me, thanks:)

Last edited:

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the writeup. I think the new L0D will work better than the L0PSE does on 3.7v rechargables, because it uses a Lux3 T bin. Has anyone tested this yet?

Turbo_E

Enlightened
well the LOD is approved for use with 3.7V so i would imagine it looks/works great with them. however, wouldnt the 1 W be more efficient? I'm not sure how much light the LOD on 3.7 puts out.

LGCubana

Enlightened
Turbo_E said:
Well on a whim I ordered a pair of Ultrafire 3.6V Litium Batteries for my LOP SE. I already had a Ultrafire 602A light running (and died) on Lithim 3.6V AA's...
...BTW i am looking for a nice white tinted 1W lux emitter to fix my old 602A. Anyone got one they care to part with? PM me, thanks:)

I'm assuming that you are attributing the death of your Ultrafire 602A to being over driven by the 3.6V battery.

About how much runtime did you get out of the 602A on the 3.6v batteries ?

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just for the benefit of the folks who don't RTFM, the sheet which comes with the L0P SE specifically cautions against using 3.6 volt lithium batteries:

"Warning. The input voltage of Fenix L0P SE is 0.9V ~ 1.7V. Please do not use other types of batteries (especially 3.6V lithium battery) except AAA alkaline or Ni-MH battery."

3.6 is a long way from 1.7. Take Turbo_E's caution to heart: You are taking on a considerable risk of blowing your light by putting one of those cells in it.

Sounds like they've designed the L0D to handle higher voltages.

c_c

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jetbeam AAA should work great with Li-on; I believe it is designed for it. Just like its bigger AA brother, which works great with Li-on with screaming output for its size.

Btw, letting a Li-on 'sit around' for a month or even year hardly even causes the voltage to drop a few points (I believe Silverfox tested this as well), so sitting it for a day ain't gonna do nothing.

Turbo_E

Enlightened
^^^dang. mebbe just use the Lux intemittently till the voltage drops to a safe level