Insight Technology H2X Typhoon??? Same as Gladius!!

waynejitsu

Enlightened
Anyone try this light?
It is supposed to be the same as the Gladius.

Last edited:

waynejitsu

Enlightened
Re: Insight Technology H2X Typhoon???

Thanks for the reply (no violence:)

It appears as though it is the same as the Gladius, made by the same company, even the ceramic coating is the same, only difference is the name on the light..., from what I understand:)

If there is any difference, someone join in and point it out for us...

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's HA 3, not cerakote...

Anyways, I don't think Insight made the Gladius...This could be a re-branded gladius?

I'm looking into it...

--dan

TacticalGrilling

Newly Enlightened
Insight built both the Gladius and the Xiphos for Blackhawk.

Be Safe, Grill Tactical.

-Nick
TacticalGrilling.com

BBL

Enlightened
Maybe night-ops removes the gladius from the lineup und the manufacturing company sells it under its own name from now on?

St8kout

Newly Enlightened
If it looks and feels like a Gladius (and sells for the same price) why would anyone buy it when they could have Gladius bragging rights?
naughty.gif

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Botac has it for $139 w/free shipping and a dozen batteries. If Luxeon hadn't suddenly become "old tech", I think I'd have to pick one up.

Last edited:

greenstuffs

Banned
I placed an order for the gladius when they had it at 119.99 now they can't deliver so they want me to take the replacement. It looks like a good deal because the gladius they offered had the ceramic coating, now the ingishgt comes with H3 coating which is the same as surefire. I think i'll pass, my surefire L2 is pretty good light and gladius won't be such a nice EDC.
Dear valued customer,

To make this simple;
As you know Botach Tactical is known to be very aggressive on pricing. When we offered the Blackhawk "Gladius Night-Ops" at $119.95, Blackhawk Industries claimed that were disrupting the market, and has made the flashlight unavailable to us for sale.
By eliminating us they are essentially fixing the price on the market, forcing the customer to pay a much higher price.

We have contacted the manufacturer of this flashlight, Insight Technology, maker of the well know "M3", "M6 Light & Laser" and the world famous "M3X" and "M6X Light & Laser". They have made this light available to us as the "Insight H2X Typhoon". This light is identical to the Blackhawk in look, feel, form, functionality, etc, and we will be honoring the original price of 119.95 to those customers who have already ordered the Blackhawk flashlight. If you want more than one, they will still be 119.95 as long as you ordered before 12/05/06. As of right now the only available color is black, with more colors available soon.
Demand is very high and supply is limited. If you would like us to exchange your order for the "Insight H2X", we kindly ask that you please respond immediately to this email address. Orders will be shipping by Monday and Tuesday of next week.

For more information of the "Insight H2X" please visit the link below:
http://store.botachtactical.com/inh2xtyfl.html

Sincerely,

Botach Tactical.

Last edited:

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
If this is the same Insight Technologies (headquartered in NH) whose products I have worked with professionally, they are a top notch company who make first class, full mil spec products which I would have no qualms about buying - if I could afford them. If this is those guys, I'd take the exchange offer.

Draper Knives

Newly Enlightened
I just spotted this today...looks like there may be something to it. Read down...about 20 paragraphs. :huh:

Taken from the article...

"New for Insight is its entry into the handheld light market. Due to an agreement with a business partner, the company had remained out of this field. But the previous business arrangement has ended, allowing Insight to bring forth its expertise into this market.

Insight will begin this by manufacturing, under license, a version of the Gladius light that has to date been marketed by BlackHawk. This light, known as the Typhoon, will be the first of many lights slated to be offered by Insight. With the capabilities of a major defense contractor on tap, the ideas coming from New Hampshire should prove to move the marketplace in several new directions at once. "

http://www.hendonpub.com/publications/tacticalresponse/otherarticles.asp?ID=885

http://www.shotshow.com/app/homepage.cfm?moduleid=1979&linkid=14928&appname=100300&Exid=473415

The Gladius is on my list...like to see the latest offerings. Maybe we can get a review after the SHOT Show? :touche:

Mike

Last edited:

waynejitsu

Enlightened
nerdgineer said:
If this is the same Insight Technologies (headquartered in NH) whose products I have worked with professionally, they are a top notch company who make first class, full mil spec products which I would have no qualms about buying - if I could afford them. If this is those guys, I'd take the exchange offer.

This is the same:)
I spoke to them personally and was informed by Insight Technology they made the Gladius for Blackhawk and this is the same light, exactly...,
So, looks like a lot of rumors, misinformation and internet gossip in incorrect...,
And now, the good news!!! I now have one and love the function, I just wish it was reliable:(

The light may suddenly stop burning and leave you in the dark.
I know about the "problem" of using the light on high for extended periods of time, however, I was using it at about 1/4 the power.
This has happened quite a few times now and it is not running hot, barely warm.

I am thinking about returning it...

ICUDoc

Enlightened
Waynejitsu
Sorry to hear about your probs- can you tell me where you bought the light- I'd like one to try Creexperiments on. Can you tell us how much?
Many thanks.