Fenix L2T with Cree, Is it real or only rumor?

Jaygnar

Newly Enlightened
I have heard it mentioned on these boards that Fenix may or may not have plans to offer their L2T in an upcoming cree edition. I wanted to start a thread to determine whether such a light was actualy in the works or whether it is only wishful thinking. So has anyone heard anything legitimate regardind this light?

woodasptim

Newly Enlightened
Nitroz said:
I have one.
sssh.gif

I just ordered an L1P with a cree.
wink.gif
Too bad it's not here yet
awman.gif

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I mean, why wouldn't there be? Fenix more or less invented the market for bright small AA-lights, so I see no reason why they shouldn't update the rest of their line with Crees.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys heard of the Lumiled K6 haven't you? 320 lumens at 350mA. Not yet announced but Fenix is tooling for it.

TenPin

Newly Enlightened
Jaygnar said:
I have heard it mentioned on these boards that Fenix may or may not have plans to offer their L2T in an upcoming cree edition. I wanted to start a thread to determine whether such a light was actualy in the works or whether it is only wishful thinking. So has anyone heard anything legitimate regardind this light?

It would be awesome to have a cree based 2 level single AA light that is intended for use with NiMH batteries and has a low of 10 lumens and a high of 45 lumens.

I have an L2P and an Inova X1 currently which meets my needs of using AAs and having excellent runtimes for the brightness.

I'm not upgrading to an L1T and L2T because I'm disappointed with the L1T's brightness and the L2T's runtime.

I think with a high binned cree someone could make a light that gets a decent runtime at 45 lumens on 1AA NiMH.

PAB

Enlightened
I may not know where I am, but I'm not lost
I'm sure it's in the works, but at the moment every XR-E they could get their hands on is being used in the P1D-CE. I'm sure once the demand for the P1D-CE starts to drop, they will come out with a new light. Although if SSC or Nichia or any of the others put out a LED that is brighter (and they have LEDs that may be just a little brighter ready to come out) then Fenix will switch to one of those. 2007 is going to be an inovative year for LEDs. I'm going to try not to buy too many lights until things stablize

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I just need to buy some good moddable hosts and learn to mod as the state of things ATM is very short term.

But of course how could I resist a L2D CE. :)

x2x3x2

Banned
PAB said:
I'm sure it's in the works, but at the moment every XR-E they could get their hands on is being used in the P1D-CE. I'm sure once the demand for the P1D-CE starts to drop, they will come out with a new light. Although if SSC or Nichia or any of the others put out a LED that is brighter (and they have LEDs that may be just a little brighter ready to come out) then Fenix will switch to one of those. 2007 is going to be an inovative year for LEDs. I'm going to try not to buy too many lights until things stablize

thats wat i was thinking as well... but how do we resist the temptations???

ridge rover

Newly Enlightened
I have a L2T that is a great work light! If I could get a few more lumens, I would be in heaven! My P1D CE will make up for its lack of lumens til then!

I need to exchange my Inova T-4 for something lighter, thats what I'm looking for!

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have successfully resisted getting a P1D CE since I have a Fire~FlyIII with programmable brightness levels. Power is nothing without control.

Before you think I am falling off the wagon, a L1T with Cree XRE would get my Paypal account active again. Give me 70 lumens high and 5 to 15 lumens low from one AA NiMH and life is good. Throw the L2T body on for a bigger blast will make the light cover more bases. Better get some more :popcorn:

Jaygnar

Newly Enlightened
Nitroz said:
I have one. :sssh:

How, did you mod it yourself?
If so how difficult was it to do and what kind of results are you getting as far as runtime, brightness, etc.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the main 'problem' with the CREE is not runtime or brightness, but the beam quality and getting the right reflector :D

thezman

Enlightened
LEDcandle said:
I think the main 'problem' with the CREE is not runtime or brightness, but the beam quality and getting the right reflector :D

I agree. And until these problems are addressed, I'll be keeping my L1P and L1T, and won't be buying any Cree based lights.