The Amazing Merferator-Lite

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
aka the "Unsurefire".

A long time ago in a Forum far, far away (up there on the LED board) there was a contest. I forget the exact details, but it revoved around who could make the most *unique* flashlight modification. Somehow in the mists of time that whole thread vanished, along with pictorial evidence of my creation. And I had largely forgotten about it myself until Craig mentioned it in the Trashy Home Laboratory discussion elsewhere in this virtual coffee establishment. I promised I`d post it again to refresh peoples memories of this, or introduce it for the first time to those who joined after its original release onto the Forums. And since I`m afraid of the Mod Board and don`t go in there ever, I`m going to post it here. Makes sense to me to keep it close to the thread that references it. *Please* don`t move me.....

So, anyway, there was this sickly purple tinted white Luxeon Star LED, a clickie switch out of a busted 6 volt lantern, and a 3-AA battery holder. Oh, and a Merferator. A *what*?

Taken from Craig`s Toliet Web Site (yes, he has one of those):
Merferator \ MUR'fur'ay'ter \ (n.)
The cardboard core in a toilet tissue roll.

And so I present:

merferatorlite1.jpg

With Integrated Battery Carrier:
merferatorlite2.jpg

Clickie Switch and Luxeon LED:
merferatorlite3.jpg

Shootout between the Merferator Lite and my Arc LS First Run Second:
merferatorlite4.jpg

And now the optional accessories....

Rechargeable Kit- battery pack and body extender:
merferatorlite5.jpg

Turbohead:
merferatorlite6.jpg

BeamFilter:
merferatorlite7.jpg

Tip-off BeamFilter:
merferatorlite8.jpg

continued....

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
....continued.

BeamShaper:
merferatorlite9.jpg

Universal Mounting Kit:
merferatorlite10.jpg

Optional Lanyard and Shock Isolation Bezel:
merferatorlite11.jpg

Spares Carrier:
merferatorlite12.jpg

Low Output Lamp Assembly:
merferatorlite13.jpg

A Modern Design Classic, if ever I saw one.
tongue.gif

HID models coming soon (read: maybe in 2006 but probably never).

grin.gif
rolleyes.gif

Whistler

Enlightened
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
icon14.gif

forget about the KLx, btw is it a rev1 rev1hybride or already a rev 2? Or is it the LE?

Will the turbohead fit also on a SF?
Where will you get replacement O-rings?
Will the army use them as well?

icon15.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
It`s a special Limited Edition, finished in Level 0.7 Card Anodize. Serial numbers were not deemed to be necessary since only one was made.

The turbohead will definately fit on a SureFire, but you require the Universal Accessory Mounting Kit (see above) too, it will not fit directly.

O-rings are not required as this light is guaranteed Non-Waterproof to at least 5500 feet deep. That is, it is not waterproof down to at least that depth. It has not been tested beyond such depths, so there is a chance it could become waterproof further down, but I would not reccomend trying. Such uses are excluded from the Lifetime Warranty*.

The British Military has expressed a keen interest in the Millenium Merferator series, especially the M0.25, but as yet they have not committed themselves, they are apparently leaning towards other cheaper sources.

*Merferator-Lite Guaranteed Lifetime Warranty: If it does not break, we will break it. No questions asked.

tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Couldn't seem to find one over in BUY/SELL/TRADE, are you only selling on ebay
grin.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
That is so cool! And to think I once suggested a stupid flashlight contest. You should showcase that light next to a professionally made Orgami Rock.............. :)

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, that`s the one.

Origami Rock- I tried making one of those once but just couldn`t get it right so I screwed it up and tossed it in the bin
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif

As for selling them, well I thought about it, but I couldn`t seem to find a way to use toliet paper faster than normal so`s I would get enough Merferators to be able to mass-produce them. And if it`s not the core out of a roll of toliet tissue, it`s not a Merferator, so I can`t just use any old card.....

tongue.gif

Starlight

Enlightened
Chris M., you're in luck. Between my wife and my sisters, they produce merferators like a factory. If you let me in as marketing director on your operation, I could work on getting you their supply. Besides, I have another idea for you. Supply a box of crayons with each light so that people can have any color housing they want.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another nice "feature" ot the meferator (MF for short, as in "GIMMIE THE MF LIGHT")! is that it is an easy EDC, as it will contour to your pocket!

Also, the patented sound deadening material will make it popular with night police "stings".

Also, to appease the "greenies" out there, it can be made of recycled material, and itself can be recycled!

ALSO, it is lightweight!