New generation LEDs

x2x3x2

Banned
Cree XR-E advertised at 70lm/W at 350mA, max 160lm at 700mA.
SSC P4 advertised at 100lm/W at 350mA, max 240lm at 1A.
Edison KLC8 advertised 100lm/W at 350mA, max 250lm at 1A.

Has the XR-E been overtaken by the other 2 or are those numbers by SSC and Edison the "optimum" ratings while Cree gives "nominal" ratings?

SuperTorch

Enlightened
I beleave the Cree rating is based off the lowest bin P2 that was the first out and truly buyable in the market. Now the Q bin is on the way and its rated at 100lm/w and 240+ lumens at 1mA, so I think Cree was the sole releaser of the early bins but wont be of the higher rated and just on the horizon Q bin Cree XR-E. This other companies are just first out to market while Cree supplys them or passes on the design to them. But I don't much so thats just my best guess.

Calina

Enlightened
Those 100Lm/W claims are probably just marketing hype based on Cree's promise to deliver Q3 bin LED.

Every company wants to position itself as being the first or the most efficient producer as this is good free publicity.

At this point nobody as seen those Q3 LEDs so they are still vaporware but hopefully they will be here soon.

x2x3x2

Banned
ok cool, so probably they are all using a similar technology.

btw has anyone recieved the Q2 bins from cutter.com yet? they said shipping end Nov but still havent got mine :p