We're very lucky

alanagnostic

Enlightened
I just realized what I'm sure a lot of you thought of a long time ago. Most everyone here has better flashlights than 99.9% of the rest of the world. We have beautiful flashlights that produce incredibly high-quality beams of light. I feel very fortunate to have even a few good flashlights. Sometimes when I'm thinking about the next light I want to buy I forget how fortunate I really am. I'm also glad that I found a place where people don't think I'm nuts for spending $50 on a flashlight. This is one area of my life that is going really well. And thanks to everyone here for sharing their knowledge without expecting anything in return.

cary1952

Newly Enlightened
You are right! We all here are very lucky to have this forum,the friends that we have made through the forum, and our lights. Happy holidays to everyone!

Cary in South Dakota

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do stop and think about how fortunate I am, to be able to afford some of these really nice lights. CPF is also a great place to be able to share your hobby with lots of like minded people. So I think I am fortunate for 2 reasons.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[babblemode]

Well I'm not going to knock collecting Beanie Babies or Hot Wheels or Matchbox cars or tea kettles or door knobs or post cards or ceramic figurines or rabbits or frogs...get the picture (but I don't personally collect any of those items)...

There are certainly all sorts of hobbies that give folks pleasure, relaxation, etc...flashlights just happen to do it for us and they can be practical as well. Sure there are extremes to any hobby and we have it here, no doubt. Just as in collecting coins or stamps, a wide variety of lights can be had for low prices & high prices with all sorts in between that will please a lot of different folks, tastes, & requirements.

Yeah, I'm a "Flashaholic" and I do enjoy it!! :thumbsup:

[/babblemode]

Last edited:

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
alanagnostic said:
Most everyone here has better flashlights than 99.9% of the rest of the world. We have beautiful flashlights that produce incredibly high-quality beams of light. I feel very fortunate to have even a few good flashlights. Sometimes when I'm thinking about the next light I want to buy I forget how fortunate I really am.

Although most denizens of CPF collect lights, I don't collect, just keep lights around to use. For the last several decades I've always kept a couple of dozen lights around the house, in rucksack and briefcase, on my keychain, and in various vehicles.

All of the expensive lights beloved by various CPFers, those with purty finishes, exotic metals, fancy crenelated bezels, etc. would just be wasted on me. In fact, most of them don't impress me very much. What does impress me are outstandingly well-designed, durable, practical, useful lights.

Lights like my UK 4AA eLED Unilite and SL PP 4AA Lux: sophisticated design, rugged, waterproof, reliable, and incredibly useful as general utility lights.

That UK and SL can make and sell lights this outstandingly good for less than $30 makes me very thankful. When comparing these lights to favorite lights of years past, lights that were among the best available for their time, I am doubly thankful.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good thread and a good point.

My cheapest pocket light (lowly Civictor V1) is better than most peoples lights.

Most folk just shake their heads when I tell them how much my HDS 's cost...they are still mighty impressed when they see what it can do though!

CFU

summerwind

Newly Enlightened
definatley agree with all of you.....i'm blown away at what's available.
i went to actionlights this morning and dropped another $75.00 on some stuff i don't see in our stores............i bought a Nascar 2AA minimag, not becuase i needed it, but it looks cool.................and of course it led to another light as well that will sure to be a all time user...............but i still want more..............more.........more...:laughing:

tron3

Banned
This Christmas instead of counting your blessings.... count your flashlights. :grin2:

...probably overdue for an inventory any way. :laughing:

Jaygnar

Newly Enlightened
I'm totaly thankful that I found this site. Even though money is tight for me right now and I don't have the cash to go buying the flashlights that I want, this site offers a huge wealth of information that keeps me entertained for hours on end. From the in-depth discussions of the technologies that are newly developing, to polls and opinion threads that often open my eyes to viewpoints that I would never have thought of myself. These forums are GREAT BLESSING for the everyone from the novice like myself, to the insiders, to the old flashaholic veterans to the modders to the layman. I for one love these forums and even though I may not have any extra cash, I can still save my pennies and look forward to fenix LT2's with crees and GLO TOOBS with 123 batteries. :)

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
With the recent upgrade shutdowns and my DNS problem at home I feel even luckier than usual to have this site to brighten the night and day.

Geoff