Which little light???

Polar

Newly Enlightened
There are just so many options. I want a small light for edc.
1. As bright as possible
2. Good white tint
3. Perfect beam

What should I buy?? I want something similar in size to a HDS U60
Should I go with a cree?
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also where do I buy some of these custom lights?

i have read about the Draco, Aleph 19 Cree, Raw Orb, etc.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am thinking that you can't go wrong with an HDS or a McLux PD. Another light that I am extremely pleased with is the Fenix L2T w/Nekomane's 123 adapter.

-Goatee

msm1018

Newly Enlightened
P1 or P1D-CE hands down, plus they will be cheaper than the muclux or hds

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a huntlight Ft-02XJ...this light is excellent! ON a rcr123a it's as good or better than most of my 2 cell 123a lights. On the regular 123a it's still very good...but it rocks on the rcr! This is the whitest LED I have seen..my kitchen cupboards actually look white! You can also use the extra barrel with 2 AA batteries..for an even longer runtime.
Not real cheap..but a good value ( the o-rings are too thin..and will break...but hey..are you going swimming or what?

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
The PD is an excellent light and is nearly perfect in my humble opinion.

The HDS is great, but they are out of production at this point and we have to wait until next year for the product release.

I say start with the PD if you got the budget, the P1D-CE if you don't, and see what HDS and Arc bring us in the near future.

Polar said:
There are just so many options. I want a small light for edc.
1. As bright as possible
2. Good white tint
3. Perfect beam

What should I buy?? I want something similar in size to a HDS U60
Should I go with a cree?
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also where do I buy some of these custom lights?

i have read about the Draco, Aleph 19 Cree, Raw Orb, etc.

PAB

Enlightened
I may not know where I am, but I'm not lost
Yup, I agree. The P1D-CE would be a good place to start. Depends what your budget is. Yes, the P1D-CE will certainly wet your appetite for good lights. Then you will be watching avidly for the next improvements and brighter better lights.

FsTop

Enlightened
Start by determining the battery you wish to a) fit in your pocket, and b) pay for...

For me, the decision was easy - a single AAA battery. Anything fatter makes a bundle too fat for pocket comfort, for me. I also don't like disposables, because they are, by definition, always partly run-down, whereas with rechargables I can refresh the battery every week if I choose to, at no cost.

Having made that decision, the choice of lights became much easier, for me:
- The ARC AAA just doesn't cut it in the bright department,
- the Peak lights are comparable to the ARC, but with more choice of appearance.
- The Fenix L0D has an excellent beam, and three levels. A Best Buy.
- The HDS is pricey and larger than the others. Likewise the CR-2 ION.

Another more costly choice would be a modified light, such as MillerMods CREE-in-an-ARC-AAA.

Or, you could just wait 2-3 months, and the selection of CREE-based lights will certainly be broader.

planex

Newly Enlightened
As others have said, the P1DCE. May not have a perfect beam, but the price is quite reasonable in comparison to similar output lights.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think of AAA as being little compared to 123.

P1D-CE is the most correct because it's probably more than 2X the light, without being 2X the size.