• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Request for Q3 parts

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need a few stock Q3 reflectors and newer version stock Q3 stock driver boards to undertake some minor Q3 mod jobs. Got two Q3s recently but they are of the older batch and have the older driver boards. Also the threadlocking between the reflector and the bezel is VERY hard to break (have tried freeze-pop, boiling, and hairdryer blowing but to no avail) and I'll probably destroy the reflector before it comes out

Can someone help me? Please PM or email, thanks.

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of them have quite a bit of the locking agent on the reflector threads, but you will get them to free up...If your hair dryer is hot enough, you shouldn't be able to hold your fingers within a inch of the exaust port of the dryer, for more than a few seconds, if you can, your hair dryer isn't hot enough.

I use a small long nose pliers, and drive the torque through the two spanner holes that are on the back of the reflector. Use plenty of downward force to keep the tips of the pliers in the spanner holes.

TB

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
This board is out of the latest Q3 I modded, from fresh stock.

And this is from a tactical switch version, maybe 8 months old...

I know there's at least one more config. that's much different than these two.

TB

Last edited:

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks TB for the detailed explanation. Now anyone can donate me the parts I've requested? For trade I have a few stock heatsink rings, two older spec driver boards and some fitted mineral glasses available.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
TranquillityBase said:
Does the older driver look different than the one in my second photo?

No, that is the one. Heard it's not as effieicnt as the newer one so I want to get rid of them.

BTW I don't think the older board would fit under MirageMan's custom heatsinks either (but the new one does).

FirstDsent

Enlightened
If you can't get the reflectors, or you ruin one, the McR20 reflector is a drop-in direct replacement. It doesn't thread into the bezel. It will be compressed slightly between the emitter and the window.

I had a McR20 in mine until I put it in my Amilite Neo. Now my QIII has the Amilite reflector in it.

Bernie

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
yazkaz said:
No, that is the one. Heard it's not as effieicnt as the newer one so I want to get rid of them.

BTW I don't think the older board would fit under MirageMan's custom heatsinks either (but the new one does).
I should fit, they're the same diameter...the only difference with the newer board is the clipped corners.

TB

myk

Enlightened
yazkaz said:
So no one can help me? Anyone...?

You ARE looking to trade someone parts they already have or don't need (old driver board, stock heatsink ring, and a mineral glass lense of unknown origin and quality) for what are considered to be the good parts of a Q3 - the reflector, and the new driver board which you yourself say is more efficient.

Suggestions: Offer cash, buy a flupic for your Q3, and an ims20 or mcr20 reflector to pop in