INOVA TACTICAL TESTIMONIALS!!

STYLE

Newly Enlightened
Hi I am interested in testimonials from anyone in an extreme field such as Military or extreme sports/outdoors about the INOVA LED lights especially the T3, I was given three INOVA LED lights as a gift by a friend the T3, X5-UV and the INOVA Micro Light. I am not too familiar with this brand of light and I am into extreme type activities where my life can depend on my light and I cannot afford the luxury of carrying the extra weight of a flashlight that I cannot depend on they seem well built but one never knows. If anyone has any information on the dependability of these INOVA flashlights please let me know.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
The T3 and X5 are built like tanks - Robust, solid, dependable ect.

You won't find much that's tougher than an Inova.

Replace the microlight with an Inova X1 if you feel that you need %100 bullet proof, long running back-up.

Welcome to CPF.
tinfoilhat.gif

CFU

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Welcome to CPF and you will not be dissapointed by your Inova lights. I had one of the original X5s and later bought the newer style X5 for nightly duty carry. I carried this X5 for years as a side light on duty and let me tell you they are tough. Mine was easy to reach as it rode in a holster right in front of my belt .....it was usually what I reached for when I needed an impact weapon and actually did break out many car windows.

Mine never failed me and I still play with it from time to time however now carry a TW4 in its place. Yes the Inova is a rock solid line and mine was abused all the time. I honestly probably broke about 6 or seven windows with it and used it as a kubotan several times as well...it also does that very well.

Weather does not effect them and I will say that the X5 seems to last forever on a set of batteries. It is not the most bright light by any means however for me did plenty well for searching vehicle interiors or even a small room if needed......You can trust these lights to work every time you need them to do so and good luck.

SuperTorch

Enlightened
Inovas are built fantastic, but I hate my T3, the beam is smaller than my Inova X03 and they should be the same but the T3 just has a wierder beam, may just be mine but my X03 is much more uniform and useful AND has more throw. I think I just got a bad T3, but its going on ebay and I'm get my another Inova X03.

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rugged and durable. I like the Inovas that I've owned. They will take alot of abuse and keep on producing lumens. Very good value for the money. SuperTorch, check the CPF B/S/T for a brand new Inova XO3.

lumenal

Enlightened
I've got 5 or 6 Inovas (counting 2 micro-lights). I've never had any problems with any of them. My XO3 has got a great beam, as I do like the TIROS of certain Inovas. The X1 is a good, low level back-up light.

The Inova build is pure quality from end to end.

wmpwi

Enlightened
I'm inclined to get what I want for use in the field and what I opted for was the T2 for the run time. It may not be as bright as the T3, but serves my needs. The run time is like 4 hours, twice that of the T3 and like everyone said, built like a tank.

lightinsky

Enlightened
I've got the Inova T3 and I really love the throw it has plus it's bright enough that you can light up highway and street signs from over 150 feet away. It's compact and built like a tank. I'm glad I got one and I'd buy one again. Indulge it's good for you.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
In case the new Inova XO2 is really upgrade with a better and brighter LED, then it's a better light than the T3/XO3, because of the smaller form factor and greater runtime.

hizzo3

Newly Enlightened
I dont use it in any massive extremes, but i have had my T3 for the last 1.5 yrs. I keep it as my emergency light for when on my motorcycle, and use it as a light when doing auto mantinace (used atleast if not more then once a month). I love this thing. been dropped several times, chemical spills and all.... still works as it did when it came out of the box. and aside from some scars, it looks brand new.

Ikonomi

Enlightened
You can run it on ONE 3.6V LIon, but not two. It will not be as bright, obviously.

An Inova X5 HA was my second "enthusiast" flashlight. It's not the brightest thing in the world, and it's since been far outclassed in the bang-for-the-buck department, but it's beautifully made and utterly dependable.

carrot

Flashaholic
The Inova T-series lights such as the T3, as well as the Inova X5, have had excellent track records here on CPF. I don't recall seeing any note of failure of either lights within the year I've been here. I myself own an X5 and consider it to be one of my most reliable lights. Getting a T3 but don't know when.

STYLE

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all for your input it will be very useful to me, I do find the INOVA's to be great lights but don't have them long enough to judge durability but if you guys say that it's "built like a tank" I'll take your word for it. As a side note I had a Surefire (C3) strapped to my side and was running full speed down a corridor I took the corner with extreme haste and my side took the hit on the wall, that same night I needed my light (at the time a Surefire) and to my shock it did not work only to later realize that the bulb had shattered apparently when I hit the wall with my side earlier that day so I really hope that function is not affected in any way with the INOVA especially my T3 (should not because it's LED right?). BTW the surefire was a lot brighter than the T3 but only lasted about 15 to 20mins before the batteries needed changing so what's the use of having bright light when it does not work when you need it? My Mag used to take harder hits than my surefire did I felt disappointed as a lot of my friends told me how good surefire was but I guess that I am just a bit more extreme than they are.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
STYLE said:
Thank you all for your input it will be very useful to me, I do find the INOVA's to be great lights but don't have them long enough to judge durability but if you guys say that it's "built like a tank" I'll take your word for it. As a side note I had a Surefire (C3) strapped to my side and was running full speed down a corridor I took the corner with extreme haste and my side took the hit on the wall, that same night I needed my light (at the time a Surefire) and to my shock it did not work only to later realize that the bulb had shattered apparently when I hit the wall with my side earlier that day so I really hope that function is not affected in any way with the INOVA especially my T3 (should not because it's LED right?). BTW the surefire was a lot brighter than the T3 but only lasted about 15 to 20mins before the batteries needed changing so what's the use of having bright light when it does not work when you need it? My Mag used to take harder hits than my surefire did I felt disappointed as a lot of my friends told me how good surefire was but I guess that I am just a bit more extreme than they are.
You can be sure that your INOVA will endure the most severe impacts and field conditions.