Boy my wife loves you guys now

summerwind

Newly Enlightened
and the fact that after only being here for less than a week, i've now spent close to $200.00 on new flashlights, extra lenses, LEDs yada yada yada, and she's asking why is it so important to have a flashlight for different situations:goodjob:

i really am having a blast since landing here and like all Gadga-Holics, i love new toys........but i'm runnin out of ecuses to get more stuff, and since all of you were gracious enough to answer my questions and point to links where i could buy more drugs(err i mean lights:laughing: ), i now expect to hear some good excuses for justifying my need for my next fix............:anyone:

oh and one thing more, i frequent a few Photography boards where i find the ediquette in replies to be very poor, whereas this board is where those bozo's could learn a thing or two about quality disscusions...........thx for having me.

summerwind

Newly Enlightened
i sees your point..........hey i'm not ready for that much just yet.....ok....well maybe, but i gotta convince the better half that i'm having fun with you all here and it has indeed sparked a new interest for me.
thinking about selling off a couple of my lenses to afford more and something really cool like you guys are talking about............

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beamhead said:
Welcome to CPF, we'll see how much your wife loves you when you spend $200.00 on half a flashlight.:lolsign:

Or $200 for the batteries that go in your flashlight! Most of us have at least $200 worth of batteries and chargers, so you might be able to point the finger at us and tell her how it normal. But, you'll really be in trouble if you ever have to pay $200 tax on your flashlight! I'm sure if it ever gets to that point, though, you'll be smart enough to lie about the price. ("Dear, I know $200 is a lot to spend on a flashlight, but this is the Surefire Beast!")

Jaygnar

Newly Enlightened
It's just a hobby. :) Just remember the order of monetary distribution. Family>Friends>Flashlights.
Follow this simple rule and you're all set!

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes I use my flashlights as fill-in or even primary illumination for photography.

Someone recently posted some designs for light rings using LEDs, which would
be really sweet for macro photography. I think I'm gonna have to build one of those.

summerwind

Newly Enlightened
chargers and batt's you say.......haha....well in this short week, i received my C801D and naturally found out about the C9000 and it's a can't wait to get item, hopefully this week, but maybe next if the rumors hold true......then of course there are the new Eneloops that have been mentioned on here, so had to go get a bunch of those.........call me crazy, but i'm going after a couple "Nascar Solitaires".......right now.
i think i'll save some for next week and get into this real heavy...:lolsign:

the main thing i want to say here is what a bunch a great guys you all are.
i've been reading topic after topic and it amazes me how cordial all of you are........

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
AndyTiedye said:
Sometimes I use my flashlights as fill-in or even primary illumination for photography.

Someone recently posted some designs for light rings using LEDs, which would
be really sweet for macro photography. I think I'm gonna have to build one of those.

If you were a professional photographer and photography was your business, you might be able to write your lights off as business expenses!

coppertrail

Enlightened
summerwind said:
chargers and batt's you say.......haha....well in this short week, i received my C801D and naturally found out about the C9000 and it's a can't wait to get item, hopefully this week, but maybe next if the rumors hold true......then of course there are the new Eneloops that have been mentioned on here, so had to go get a bunch of those.........call me crazy, but i'm going after a couple "Nascar Solitaires".......right now.
i think i'll save some for next week and get into this real heavy...:lolsign:

the main thing i want to say here is what a bunch a great guys you all are.
i've been reading topic after topic and it amazes me how cordial all of you are........
LOL, our stories sound the same. The week before Thanksgiving, I bought the MH-C800S and an RCR-123A charger/battery set for my Brinkman flashlight. Then, I heard about the MH-C9000, and promptly pre-ordered one. Then, it was (5) 4-Pack Eneloop AA cells from Ritz camera with the $20 Google Checkout Discount . . . :broke:

RadarGreg

Enlightened
summerwind, have you thought of picking up a flashlight for your wife? My wife carries around one of the cheapo $1 squeeze lights on her keychain I got from Lighthound and she also has a Fenix L0P in her purse. Once she sees the utility of a good flashlight, it will be smooth sailing for you!:grin2:

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there summerwind. Welcome to CPF. My other half is pretty good when it comes to my purchases. I have my finances and she has hers. She actually encourages me sometimes to get the "nicer" ones and I'm like..... OK. :)

carrot

Flashaholic
If you love this place, you aught to check out EDC Forums, which is like CPF for any other kind of gadget, especially knives and pocket tools. http://edcforums.com

You'll find a lot of familiar faces from here although flashlight talk there is a bit stagnant. (That's 'cause CPF takes care of our flashaholic needs!)

summerwind

Newly Enlightened
RadarGreg said:
summerwind, have you thought of picking up a flashlight for your wife? My wife carries around one of the cheapo $1 squeeze lights on her keychain I got from Lighthound and she also has a Fenix L0P in her purse. Once she sees the utility of a good flashlight, it will be smooth sailing for you!:grin2:

i just ordered a Ltd. Ed. Hot Pink Solitaire for her...........i'm going to put the SMJLed in it...............she loves the cute little ones.....:)

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may want to reconsider that SMJLED, I made the same combo for my daughter, right down to the color, and the light is pretty pathetic. If I were you I would go after a sandwich from the Shoppe. Fairly affordable and very reliable and bright.

Drop in sandwiches

Top it off with a Kroll.. Kroll switch

You may want to add a mineral glass window as well for a buck or two..

And you have a light worth bragging about. :)

Latest posts