TAP LITE?

Bmccue1964

Newly Enlightened
Here's a case of someone (or group) who were not prepared enough to carry regular flashlights. I guess that lack of preparedness is to be expected.

Is that a "Tap Light"?
Tap Light?

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you think they would appreciate it if we sent them a nice "made in the USA" Maglite
grin.gif

PS. I think you need to adjust your link, it takes you to the first picture in the series, I take it you mean this one:

twip_2002_0926_03.jpg

Bmccue1964

Newly Enlightened
Sorry about the link problem...

ANything is better than a "Tap Light". I particularly enjoy the commercial which seems to imply that these lights will run virtually forever. They suggest it would make a great night light. That might be true if you replace the batteries every morning!

Has anyone modified one of these lights to use LEDs or to incorporate a time delay cutoff switch?

Brock

Flashaholic
Someone brought up modding them a while back. I have a light similar that uses 4 D batteries. I wired past one of them so it uses 3 and replaced the lamp with a LED. You can use this for a nightlight
wink.gif
I would be I have used if for over 200 hours and still bright.

Empath

Flashaholic
The Dollar Tree sells a package of two small (really small) tap lights for $1.00 (of course). They're actually very well constructed for a tap light.

I opened one up and found the lamp was a screw in type. It runs on two AAA batteries. Since a Techass PR lamp wouldn't fit in the candelabra type base I used a small circular saw in a rotary tool and sliced right down the side of the receptacle. I was then able to slide the PR LED in snug. It works great.

I installed it in our restroom for the nights when the big lights would be blinding. I figure the batteries will hold a long time.
grin.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Big Lots (Pic'N'Save) is offering a pack of 6 "Tap-Lights" for $3.99.

Also..Jbechto (CPF member) might still be selling his fine TapLight [4-AA] LED mod with 1,2, or 3 white LEDs-his quality squarish style 6" light even offered a pullchain optionally for on/off. IIRC, it was 14.-$18.(U.S.)