from cd to Ipod Nano.. How?

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's my friend's Ipod nano that has me stumped. :stupid:
I can't believe this has us both stumped but it does.

Maybe someone here with an Ipod Nano can help. :help:

He is running Windows XP home edition.

VWTim

Enlightened
First does he have Itunes installed on the computer and setup to recognize his Nano as his? There's a couple ways. When you insert a CD into the drive and the "what do you want to do" window pops up, I know there's sometimes an "import into Itunes" button to press. OR in Itunes go to File->import then select the CD as it's location. That should work.

gorn

Enlightened
I have found Itunes to be such a bad product that I purchased a copy of Anapod explorer. It allows simple drag and drop control to the contents of any iPod.

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
gorn said:
I have found Itunes to be such a bad product that I purchased a copy of Anapod explorer. It allows simple drag and drop control to the contents of any iPod.

i used to agree, but the latest versions work very well so i have given up on anapod. the smart playlists and podcasting both rock.

if you have any more specific questions 3rd we are here to help

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I just got too used to rip, convert, and then drag and drop to my older mp3 players.
It was easy enough with DbPoweramp, and then Windows Explorer.
Then :poof:
Enjoy the music. :rock:

The date on the Ipod nano's packaging is 2005.
The Itunes version installed is 6.0.5.20

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
download the latest version of itunes(7) and it will help you get the latest firmware for the nano. you will have a much better experience.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
The biggest confusion for people moving from some other MP3 player to an iPod is that the iPod isn't just a big hard drive that you drag and drop your music into. You have to use iTunes (or one of the third party hacks that are out there, but you really have to have something viscerally against iTunes to want to use them at this point)

If you can get over organizing your music in the windows explorer in folders on the disk, and get used to organizing it into playlists in iTunes you will almost certainly find a lot of stuff in there that you didn't know you couldn't live without ;) a nano wont hold your entire library, so iTunes can fill it with a random selection, or your highest rated stuff or you can even create a playlist with 100 randomly selected songs that haven't been played in the last month like I have so that I can always get something I haven't heard in a while if I want to. Smart playlists like that are realy useful. And it wil automagically keep all your latest podcasts up to date and download them everytime you plug it in no problem. I would highly recommend you at least give it a fair chance even if you have to work to wrap your head around doing things a little differently.

as far as getting a CD onto it, load iTunes, insert disk, click "import" and make sure you add the album to one of your playlists that is getting sunk to the iPod. Then plug in the iPod to sync.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
there is a way to alter the software thats inside the ipod itselfs. assumeing ya dont have the newest ipod or nano .the first gen ipod will work and i belive alll the way to a 5th gen ipod will work to.it willl if ya modify the software on the player its self not only play more music types such as ogg and may others it will also be able to drag and drop with no software installed on the computer its self so ya could even use linux also ya get a lot more games even doom and pacman
its called rockbox google it and install it at ya own risk.