Went to Target.. Going back next week and I...

jon1996

Newly Enlightened
Need to know Which lights to buy, The nearest Target is 2hrs away and I only go there a couple times a year, But I was amazed at the flashlights they had on the shelf, it put walmart to shame, But I know for sure I am goin to buy the RiverRock Lantern, but tell me about these lights here:

RiverRock 1.5watt, It is a nice looking light
RiverRock 0.5Watt,
Inova Vented head- It says 200' useful beam
Inova X0
Inova X03

Or are there any Inovas I must own for my collection? I plan on buying 2 lights plus the lantern, Thanks for any help
jon

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just looked at Target's selection yesterday. I was thinking to myself, except for the Brinkmann 3W, everything was too expensive compared to the lights available from vendors associated with CPF.

Gaffle

Enlightened
EngrPaul said:
I just looked at Target's selection yesterday. I was thinking to myself, except for the Brinkmann 3W, everything was too expensive compared to the lights available from vendors associated with CPF.

Agreed. BatteryJunction.com has the Inova series. They are much cheaper then Target. Man-Handle the items at Target, them come home and buy them online. Plus BatteryJunction has a 5% discount for CPF members.

IMO I wouldn't buy the Radiants(Inova lights with vented heads), they just seem too cheaply made. Xo or Xo3 = 2 thumbs up.

Xo review

Xo3 review

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Inova X series and it is a fantastic series of lights in my opinion. I would recommend any of them any time to anyone. My favorite of the group is the X1 new version for pocket EDC, its balanceof brightness and long runtimes are great. My second favorite is the old X0 or what is now the X02, it is a superb medium range light. I like the slimline case styled lights over the flared heads due to their pocketablity.

The X5 is probably one of the all around great lights also.

SuperTorch

Enlightened
XO3 no question, and target has them with tax for $58 I'd think thats worth it not waiting on the mail to save $3-$4 and easyreturns if needed. I'd buy it strait from Target. The X03 rocks. I'll be geting another

speederino

Enlightened
I can't get over the Energizer 4aa folding led lantern. I'm glad Energizer ressurected this one with brighter LEDs. It runs forever and makes a suprising volume of light. For $7, it's worth having around, especially in case of power outage.

For a River Rock other than the lantern, the river rock 2aaa light is worth owning IMHO. For $10, it's a good value.
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/nuwai_tm-311h_2aaa.htm

The Brinkmann Maxfire LX is the poor man's Surefire G2. I love mine:
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/brinkmann_maxfirelx.htm

Other than the Radiants, the Inovas are really really nice.

Happy shopping!!

aggiejason

Newly Enlightened
I like my T3 better than the XO3. Don't know why since they are very similar. The X5 rocks! Get one!
smile.gif

Danbo

Enlightened
Yes, make sure you grab yourself one of the newest LED version X5. While not blindingly bright like a Surefire L4, it will surprise you with it's usefulness.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
The X1 is a great pocket carry light. Single AA with long runtime and a great beam. Very good value.

Does anyone know if the X5 can use 3.6v rechargeables?